Replies

• I upgraded my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet yesterday from 8.1 to 10. After overcoming an issue with the upgrade process (screen went dark and tablet froze after hitting the 100% mark requiring a forced reboot) it seemed to go well. When I launched Mission Planner it popped up, then I got thrown back to the Win Start screen. Did it again and the same thing happened. I tapped on the new Application Switcher icon and saw two instances of MP running. I shut down both of the instances and tried it again and the same thing happened.  I also saw momentary flashes of the Win 7 style Desktop but couldn’t figure out how to get to it.

After some research I discovered that you need to go to “Settings”, then “System”, then “Tablet Mode” and turn off “Make Windows touch friendly” along with changing “When I sign in” to “Go to the desktop”. Once that was done the desktop appeared and Mission Planner launched normally. My understanding is that this option is not available on tablets smaller than 8 inches. If yours is a small tablet you need to use the App Switcher to get to MP.

I had the same problem with the drivers failing to load last week updating MP on Win 8.1. A post from Michael on another thread said “drivers are failing because of a Linux/windows line ending issue”. In my case I don’t plug anything into the tablet other than a telemetry receiver so it’s not a problem.

• Hi Phil. Are you using telemetry on your dell venue 8 pro? 

I also have this tablet with windows 10. It works if I connect it mission planner via USB but I get BSOD if connected via 915  telemetry. It works with my laptop and android (tower app) tablet but not with this tablet.

• Yes, I was using it with a HK generic USB telemetry transmitter. However, it had to be separately powered using a rechargeable USB battery/flashlight and adapter cable. The battery and transmitter were plugged into the cable and then the cable into the tablet. There's not enough power in the tablet's USB connector to power much of anything. Dell now makes one, expensive but will also allow the tablet to be charged from a non-Dell charger.

I've since sold all my drone stuff and gotten out of the hobby due to all of the restrictions here in California so I can't help much more than that.

• Hi Phill,

Does your Venue 8 pro have GPS?

If so, have you tried "follow me" mode with the tablet?

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/ac2_followme/

• Nicholas - Yes it does have a GPS and no, I haven't tried "follow me". My primary use for the drone is aerial panoramic landscape photography so the Venue is mounted to the transmitter with a bracket. 

• What i am trying now is installing a fresh copy of windows 10. I think if you just upgrade from windows 8 to 10 you might have issues. I will try and see if that fixes the driver issue.
    • FWIW, mine was a Windows 7 to 10 upgrade.  

• That will be interesting. Both my computers were win8 to win10 upgrades. Why one worked and not the other I don't know. Look forward to seeing how you go.
  • On my desktop it works as before. But on my notebook it no longer works. It hangs at the start up screen.

I tried to reinstall latest and got the same cannot install driver issues as you show Tony.

Funny really when it worked perfectly before and all the drivers show as installed.

Not sure is NETframework is an issue ???

???

• Right Click the Shortcut and "Run as Administrator"

Mine hangs on the splash screen sometimes too. Admin run works in my case.

This reply was deleted.

Activity