Mobile Ground Station

Im planning for setting up platforms for surveilance. Both arducopter and arduplane. The ground station will be built inside a van. I need some advice on the following things.

1. Any ideas on a GPS tracker that could give a .kml output? I intend to use this to track the mobile ground station and overlay the position on mission planner.

2. Is it posible to have the HOME location as a dynamic point? - Everytime the van changes location, the new coordinates and altitude are sent to the drone via telemetry. This way, RTL would bring the drone to where the van is and not necessarily where the drone was armed.

 Thanks

CHRIS

NAIROBI, KE.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • Hey. I never really got much replies but i found a way to do this. In mission planners hidden window, there is a moving base button. This should take carw of a moving groundstation. I havent tried it though.
  • 2. Is it posible to have the HOME location as a dynamic point? - Everytime the van changes location, the new coordinates and altitude are sent to the drone via telemetry. This way, RTL would bring the drone to where the van is and not necessarily where the drone was armed.

    It's possible I think. Home point's position data as first WP upload to APM(It use altitude over mean sea level), With Mavlink message MAVLINK_MSG_ID_MISSION_REQUEST and MAVLINK_MSG_ID_MISSION_ITEM, you can upload home point' position in any time.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Jose Araujo liked Jose Araujo's profile
Aug 29
spencer harvey liked spencer harvey's profile
Jul 9
More…