Motor keeps turning

Hi,

I'm using the dragon link with ardupilot 2.5 for the first time, I usually uses the RMILEC and 9x controller.

the problem is that when I switch to stabilize mode the motor starts turning even though the throttle stick is pulled down, when I go back to manual it stops most of the time or starts turning at a very low speed then stops and doesn't respond any more (throttle only). I tried putting the plane into failsafe and the motor kicked back in but I don't understand why this is happening with stabilize.

I'm using the FUTABA 6j.

Can you help me guys.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What ESC are you using? I had a Castle  ESC and the default is auto calibrate. If I had an RTL failsafe the ESC would get a new low calibration and when I went back to manual the motor couldn't be stopped. It would always calibrate to the max/min endpoints that it saw. I used their usb programer and turned of the autocal and then calibrated manually the end points from the throttle stick.

• same thing happened to me, so I went into the arduplane basic trim page? and turned minimum throttle to zero.

i have no idea what the rammifications of doing this might be down the road.  I do know that when i switch to RTH it does come back.  but never checked with the radio off.

• Have you turned the loging on and see what is happening with your RC inputs?

That might help you track down the issue

This reply was deleted.

Activity