motors are not accelerating

Hi,Didn’t fly yet.On the bench, without props, connected to the ArduCopter configurator:When I'm starting to accelerate the motors the front and rear motors are not accelerating and running like the left/right motors. If I push the throttle at ones, the difference between the motors is smaller.Do you guys have any idea?ThanksItzik

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am using the RC2 code for my quad.

I have a similar problem as you. I wire up my APM on table to configurator, then i arm my motor to check the speed of 4 motors. When i pushed my throttle to 50%, i notice my front & rear motor are spinning at 1600rpm while left and right motor are spinning at 1400 rpm or lower.

How can this take off?

• Developer

While you had it on table did you rotate your quad? If you did, did you see that motor group powerlevels are changing? Sometimes when quad is on table it can give false readings to Configurator/GCS. This is because it cannot move freely. Especially if you have trims on yaw channel or so, it tries to start rotating but because staying in table top, it cannot correct it self and get's confused.

• It could just be related to yaw control.  The way the ArduCopter controls yaw is to speed up the two motors spinning one way and to slow down the other two spinning the other way.

To test this with the props off, add a little throttle and move the rudder stick slowly one way and then the other and see if theoposite motor pairs speed up and slow down.

• 3D Robotics
    What code are you running?
This reply was deleted.

Activity