Need some camera mounting help

I have a 3DR quadcopter and a Nikon AW100. I want to mount the camera to the bottom of the quad, but don't need a gimbal. Just need a platform to aim it out, with minimal vibes. Any idea how I could make one, lightest possible because the camera is heavy and I have the stock quad. Any help is appreciated. I have a balsa mount for my glow airplane but it just doesn't feel solid.

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the same issue: I simply need to mount a downward-pointing camera under my 3DR frame, preferably with some vibration damped.  I don't have the hardware skills to hack one together out of random parts.  Does anyone know of a mount available for sale anywhere that will simply let me attach a camera?

• T3
    I use a spare sonar arm mount. I use a gimbal off of it, but you just as well Velcro your camera to it.
  • The easiest way I've found, and almost free, is to suspend the camera from velcro with some rubber bands or elastic straps to support it. The combo of velcro and elastic (and a suspension) helps a lot with jello. You can also try a layer of silicon (or moongel) inbetween the camera and it's support.
    To make the suspension simply tape a spare arm across the two front arms and wrap the velco and elastic around it read to accept the camera.
    This will make the quad front heavy so move your battery backwards a bit to get the CoG as close the the centre as possible again.
    Also make sure you balance your props, that will have a big impact on the quality.
This reply was deleted.

Activity