new APM flavor released: APM Mini Pro

I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

sku-38006-0-600x600.jpg

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok

board arrived

Nice little piece of technic

Opened up it has the foam cover for the baro inside, separated from status led by some plastic protrusion from the upper cover.

I connected it to my laptop and uploaded the Arducopter Tri 3.2.1 without poblems, the FC works!

I made accel calibration and it levels correctly.

Now I must set it on my tricopter frame and then I'll post my impressions.

Bye

Pietro 

• I read a topic on apm mini that said to cut a trace between 2 ppm pads ND solder one ppm pad to ch5 pad on the board circuit to enable ppm on ch5.
    If you take a look at this photo
    http://www.thanksbuyer.com/image/cache/data/sku-38151-5-600x600.jpg
    On top left part there seems to be such kind of pads..
    Let's see when it will come.
    Also it would be nice if they publish the circuit scheme like it should be with open source hardware.
  • I opened a ticket with the Help Desk at SDSHobby.com to have them ask the manufacturer about the PPM IN feature. The mfg reported that they had not tested PPM IN on the APM-Pro Mini, but SDS reports a number of their customers have used the standard APM PPM IN (PPM on ch1 with ch2+3 shorted) and it does work. Apparently.

• Has anyone actually got their hands on one of these yet? The documentation (limited, but still, a document in english) indicates it will accept PPM IN on CH5. A few of the photos online show some jumper pads/cut-able traces labeled "PPM" which would seem to support that notion. It also has a full array of analog outputs (A0-A11) - a nice feature.

My question before pulling the trigger on this is - does anyone know how is PPM IN actually enabled on this device?

• Hello
      I ordered one but usually it takes a month to come to Italy..
      So if you can hold some time your trigger.. :-)
    • hi Brian,

I have not ordered one, and I will let some who has say positively. . . but, I can say definitively that every APM version that I am aware of does accept PPM in.  Some require a jumper across channels 2-3 with input to channel 1, and some require a board jumper (or solder pads) to enable PPM in to channel 5.

I just prefer SBUS input for the additional channels (14!) one can get from very small DSMX receivers.  See here. . .

• OK now, that is an exceedingly slick piece of tech and has been added to my HK wish list! Great find and thanks for sharing!

Regarding the APM Mini Pro, I suppose, for that kind of money, one could just get one and test out the known options while connected to Mission Planner and see what works. I was just hoping to benefit from someone else's courage and curiosity before ordering one.

The pinouts look suspiciously like the AUAV-X1/X2 (http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/auav-x1-a-new-vision-of-the-px4...)

Is this 32 bit?

This reply was deleted.

Activity