new APM flavor released: APM Mini Pro

I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

sku-38006-0-600x600.jpg

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I understand that Pixhawk 2 is smaller, perhaps like that but not news yet, only that is inside the Solo but don't sell alone yet.

• I cant wait for Pix 2 to put in my TBS Disco Pro :-D

Very Excited!
          • smaller and still carry the $200 price tag....

• Agreed. pixhawk is just way too big for most applications. 

Any ideas on why I am getting no throttle response? I arm, increase throttle and goes straight to aproximately 60-70% and no change until I lower throttle and it will just drop to around 10%. This is the same no matter what flight mode I am in. I calibrated esc's, both via transmitter and through apm, and they work beautifully by themselves, but not through the apm. When I play with roll, pitch, and yaw the motors increase/decrease rpm accordingly. I did follow the guidelines in the wiki as to where throttle settings should be and still no luck.

• Well, do admit to my noob mistakes? I had the motors connected as if it were CC3D which is what I am familiar with..... these are in a different order. I had them spinning the right way though, thats gotta be worth something. I was wondering why it was flipping strangely and not wanting to fly.

• Hey Scott, I'm the new noob on the block and just read your post about how you had the motors connected wrong. Please elaborate on that, as I ran into the same problem. Unfortunately, my problem has increased to the point where I have no functionality of the throttle, pitch, roll nor yaw control. They all register great on Mission Planner, but not functioning from a battery. Any suggestions?

• Hi Ron, welcome to wonderful world of building your own multirotors! So, lets get a little more info first such as ESC, receiver. Are you saying the APM is only functioning when plugged into computer an not when connected to a battery? Are you using the separate power supply or your ESC's? Are you running PPM or PWM input? 

• After scanning multiple threads, (and quite frankly just plain luck) I got the wiring in the right configuration (I believe) and discovered it was a setting in MP that would not allow the radio to bind without a GPS lock. Having disabled that, I was able to conduct a motor test and get them to engage with the radio.

The ESCs are the stock XGW 2.4b (soldered)

I have the stock receiver as well that I haven't taken apart.

The ESCs are powered by the board as I'm using a 3DR Power Module to power the board and the FC.

I'm not sure what PPM and PWM are.

Long story short, at about 11:30 PM, I had everything put back together and was out for a test flight. However, I couldn't get enough lift from the front props to lift it and it did a nose dive, which broke one of the propellers. So here I am now trying to figure out what is wrong with the motors.

Here are photos of what I've got:

3702928229?profile=original3702928555?profile=original3702928424?profile=original

• I wouldn't buy anything 8bit anymore. all the new features are pixhawk only... But I agree that it feels uncomfortable to stick a 3DR pixhawk onto a mini quad or hex for racing / crashing around.

I've just come across this pixhawk clone: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/px4-pixhawk-lite-v2-4-5-32bits-open-sour...

At this price I'm almost willing to take the risk and try it out!

• Yup thats just it, the pix wont fit in my little UAV :-D  Sure would love +Chris Anderson/3DR to give us a mini pix one day and I sure would buy it for sure on my mini's...maybe one day we will get one :-D

This reply was deleted.

Activity