new APM flavor released: APM Mini Pro

I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

sku-38006-0-600x600.jpg

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you refer to mini apm 3.1 it's an old board now, in mini boards consider the pixracer it's supported developers it's 32bits, can use the 2mb,etc. http://www.auav.co/product-p/xr-v1.htm

You can use the latest firware and you are supporting developing with your purchase http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/pixracer-with-ardupilot?commentId...

• And does it use mission planner for the programming, mission control, telemetry etc.?
        • The APM series (2.5, 2.6, 2.7, & 2.8) all use the 8bit processor. They were made in several form factors with a variety of cable connects. All will work with Mission Planner, APM Planner, Tower, and other open source Ground Control Systems that communicate over the same protocol.The 2.7 and 2.8 have substantial improvements over the 2.5 and 2.6. 

• Yes,

I don't know the mini pro, I have the mini 3.1, I hope is older than mini pro.

• Does that "AUAV "product, the one that looks like the "mini APM pro", is that 32bit is it?
  • Hi everyone after putting my project away for a while i have decided to get back to it again so i bought a turnigy i6 transmitter from hobbyking and i have bind the reciver sucessfully but the connection from flight controller doesnot seem to be straight in. Can anyone help me with this issue. cheers
    • Hi Nischal,

We recommend the FS-i6s with FS-iA6B receiver, (http://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-i6S-2_4G-6CH-AFHDS-Transmitter-Wi...) but you should have no trouble connecting the output from your receiver (whatever was included with your i6 transmitter) to the input on your Mini APM Pro. You do need to use the special cables that came with your APM Pro, or you need to make some special cables. All connectors are standard DuPont. If your receivers has a PPM output, you can configure your Mini APM Pro for PPM as well. Think of it as an APM 2.8 with all DuPont connectors.

Ron

Mini APM Pro Front Pins.JPG

Mini APM Pro Rear Pins.JPG

Mini APM Pro Connections.JPG

• Thankyou for the reply its my first time so i am very nervous that ill blow things up.i have uploaded the picture. Am i doing things correctly?

image.jpeg

• Something seems to be wrong. You have a six channel receiver, but you have more than six channels connected. You even seem to have auxiliary channels connected. In the photo I sent the channels are clearly labeled (C1, C2, C3, etc.) There are also two pins for Vcc and two pins for ground. Send me a photo that includes both the Mini APM Pro and the RC receiver and I will let you know what is wrong. In any case, you are unlikely to damage either the Mini APM Pro or the RC receiver so long as you keep tabs on the Voltage and ground pins. 

• i just thought six cables for six channel. I have no clue what i am doing so i need help.i have uploaded a picture what i did. I put 6 cables in apm pro and six cables to reciver from channel 1 to 6

image.jpeg

This reply was deleted.

Activity