HI Guys , i bought Diydrones stores new ardupilot mega board ..Also I have IMU shield ..

I cant upload the data to the board...I did all recommendation ..still no luck...

1)diffrent computer .doesnt work gives upload eror

2)compileing is normal..so arduno setup is correct

3)Tried with just FTDI cable..no luck

4)Usb with IMU shield no luck

5) I am very good soldering guy..all my life i am dealing with electronics...i resodered ..no luck

6) One Option left, ..I power the board from FTDI or usb.However I dont plug any servos or rc equipment. I am using Ftdi or USB power just for uploading the program...Is this the reason can cause that issue.? OR just a Bad Board? Does anybody had issue with these boards

Thanks for the advise

Regards,

TONY

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Tony
    I have got the same problem, Im try to upload from IMU usb port, and i got the same error like you had.
    Did you find the answer?

Thnx Amit
  • I am really confused now..here is the answer from DIYSTORE

"The DIP switch is used for disabling different sensors on the board. For example, if you 1001 (1 means the pin is up) then ONLY the gyros sensor will show data and nothing else. If you have 0010, this means that ONLY the temperature/pressure sensor will work. So order for you board to work correctly, you need to have all the pins up. If all the pins are down, 0000, then nothing will work. THe servos have nothing to do with the DIP switch. Your board sounds okay to me. I hope this clarifies more."

here is the link from manual about DIP switches:

http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/Reversing

please read this information , what is right what is wrong? it doesnt make sense ..please advise guys ...please

Regards, TONY

• Hi Guys , New Ardupilot Mega V1.4 replacement board arrvied couple days ago,,,I installed it...New board is working properly..however now IMU is not working..in CLI mode 100 times trying and maybe three times with chance it works and you can watch the data in serial monitor...When ever LED A comes on everything runs smooth and i see data is running in serial monitor and test works...when i try one more time in same condition everything fails..then try 100 times failure...I try in the morning works one time and then failure again...When i took off the IMU shield serial monitor comands work perfectly without IMU shield?( of course readings are wrong because there is no IMU on the board..and gps postions running perfect without IMU shield)..I am very close throwing everything away..please help me? do you guys think IMU shiled is bad now?

regards

TOny

• HI Guys , I recieved an email from Diydrones store today..Board has issue..I could upload it sometimes and next minute later it was not uploading..It was strange ...They are sending me new replacement board...if you guys face this strange board issue at least this discussions might help...I cant wait to get the new board and move forward..Also i appriciate DIYdrones store for their great service.

Regards,

TONY

• Hi , final result,, I used soft Tooth Brush and gently rub Atmega1280`s legs ...Board start to work...Three times compiled and serial monitor start to show datas...Fourth time i tried to uploaded the program..Everything was in same condition..Board start to show same failure again...

regards,

Tony

• 3D Robotics

Please contact the DIY Drones store. Nobody else is having this problem.

Double posting and writing in all caps is not the best way to get attention.

• Admin

@Tony,

We know that you are frustrated with your APM board, but double posting is not going to help you arrive at a solution any faster.

Just a thought.

Regards,

TCIII

• under the menue item 'tools' you find a label with the name: serial port.

does this match with the connected port!?!

one item above is an entry named 'board'.

does this match again with what the apm is?

• Hi, i believe the new v1.4 boards have to be powered by a BEC and cant be powered from USB. This is from memory (I fly AP not APM) but try powering from your RC BEC.

Regards

D
  • Distributor

Hi Tony,

What error do you see when the code will not load?

How have you been powering the board, you say one option left to power the board with FTDI or USB, it should not matter if the servos are connected when loading the code, and the power from the USB alone is enough to get the code loaded, no need for any other power supplies!

Regards

Martin.

This reply was deleted.

Activity