ok, so I currently have setup

The Pixhawk FC

A 5V BEC

4 DJI 30 AMP ESC OPTO

4 DJI 920 Motors

TBS Discovery Plates

Spektrum DX7 for remote

Spectrum Satellite receiver plugged directly into the FC

Everything was going fun until I tried to hook the ESCs and Motors to the FC.

Now when I connect the batter to the Power Module that came with the FC the FC comes up fine but the Motors start making a beeping sound and vibrate a little, like they are trying to spin.  If I unplug all the motors then no sound is present.  But when I plug them back in it starts up again.  

I have read things about the low throttle but I got that set below 1000 and still not working, any other suggestions? 

Also with this setup do I need the BEC or can i lose it?

EDIT:   Things I have tried 

NOTE:  When I say ESC is beeping, When I unplug the motors from the ESCs and plug everything in nothing beeps, but when I plug the motors back in, even just one, they beep.  Not sure if this is normal.

1.  Remove the Power Module that came with the FC and just supply straight power to the Frame (PDB build it) which powers the ESC to Motor Directly.  Motors beep about every second and vibrate a little. 

2.  Plug Power Module in without FC behing plugged in then plug in battery.  Motors still beep every second and vibrate a little.

3.  Plug in battery to Power Module but not to frame let FC power up then plug in frame.  Motors still beep every second and vibrate a little.

4. Plug Power Module in to battery while connected to frame.  let flight controller boot up, motors still beeping and vibrating a little.  Then I press and hold the saftly switch to solid red.  Motors start beeping very fast.  

I have read from here that the beep every second could mean Input signal abnormal and the steady beep could mean Throttle Stick is not at bottom.    

I am at a lose I have been on the internet all night and found things and tried them but no luck...and now on top of that when I go to callibrate my remote the Throttle stick isnt picking up it is putting the pitch switch for both pitch and throttle and I change the channel in the settings but it just changes back.  This was working before but then I rebound the remote and not its not.  

any help would be awesome guys, this is my first build. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They alarming beep means that the signal they are getting says the throttle is not all the way down. Make sure your trasmitter is on and bound with the rx when u turn everything on. If it is then you might need to adjust your travel percent on the throttle ch to get below 1000. I can find the post on this if you need it.
  • I'm having a similar problem with my PixHawk.  I have DJI ESCs plugged into MAIN OUT 1-4.  When I plug in the batter the ESCs beep steadily about once a second.  When I turn hold down the safety switch, they begin beeping rapidly. I would say I wired something wrong, but it seems pretty idiot proof.

Oddly, if I plug the ESCs into the AUX OUT 1-4, they do the normal DJI beep (the good one).

In the video, the guy pushes the safety button and the ESCs make the proper musical noise.  When I do this (push the switch) the ESCs begin beeping rapidly in an alarming way. I've never seen them behave this way before.

• Made a quick video on what the arming process sounds and looks like, hope it helps someone else.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1brS2hI7NdU&feature=youtu.be

• Woot!!! The quad motors are spinning!!!  

So Issue One- Remote binding Pitch stick to both Pitch and Throttle in Mission planner.

Resolution.  Connect FC to the CLI console.  Erase FC.  Reset FC.  Rebind remote and calibrate.  This fixed this for me. 

Issue two-  ESCs Beeping

So the ESCs now beep once when i plug in the batter then after a few seconds they beep every second, this means that the ESCs are not getting a correct input signal or a input signal at all (Keep in mind im using DJI OPTO ESCs).  Then if your radio is bound correctly and you set your Throttle % up to where it will be below 1000 you can press and hold the safety switch till it turns solid red.  The ESCs will make a musical tone and stop beeping.  Then you can arm the quad and off you go.  

Most of this was due to my lack of understanding of both the Saftey switch and the ESC tones...and my noobness but I am learning and I will have this thing in the air in no time...after months of testing lol.  

I hope this helps someone else, I hope to make a video or type it up better but I will post it here when I do for anyone else who is stuck like I was.  

• Oh I am also using Arudcopter 3.1 firmware.  I read that someone had an issue when they updated and went back to 2.9 and it fixed it.  Could this have something to do with it?   I did change the firmware to Arduplane and has the same results.  

This reply was deleted.

Activity