Here is my new quadcopter. The max dimension is 185 mm (tip to tip).
The video from the first outdoor flight is shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un_guPJ1Qoc
- weight 170 gramm
- propeller AirAce 3-blade left/right, motor Hacker A10/12S
- ESC Turnigy 6A (not modified = PPM)
- 2 cells LiPo 740mAh, flight time is about 6 minutes
- RC-control via a single Spektrum - DX7-satellite-receiver
- ATMEGA328 in the new 20 x 30 mm big "Tumba-Control"
- 3 x ADXRS610 + 2 x ADXL322 from Sparkfun in an 17 mm IMU-cube
- software is own development based on Arduino, source code is about 8kbyte
- closed loop frequence about 400 Hz
- use of axis - (de)coupling via rotary matrix / quaternion
The carbon - balsa design is very stiff. In the "Tumba-Control", based on a ATMEGA328, are: 6 low pass filter for the sensors, the UART is connected to the 2.4 Ghz-satellite-receiver, then the are the 4 PPM-pins to the 4 ESC. And there is the 3.3V (2.4 Ghz-satellite-receiver) and 5 V supply. The aim was to design a quadcopter platform with a minimal dimension.
Best regards Tumba
Here some more pictures: