nmea sentences

Hello,

I am planning to use a novatel oemv receiver as the GPS for my plane. I am using arduplane 2.78 and APM 2.5 

I know that ardupilot is happy even with nmea. The question is which $gp... Sentences are enough to be activated in order to do the job.

Thank you

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What are you using if not NMEA?

• I'm using a uBlox M8N Concurrent GNSS set for UBX messages instead.

• I don't run beta/rc, can you still select between GPS format in the parameters screen on 3.2rc11?

• I once used the APM2 / Ublox .hex in uCenter to see what the default ardupilot settings were and remember seeing the enabled sentences. I will look again when I get home as navspark is sending me a free gnss/glonass receiver that I want to use for the 2nd gps on my pixhawk and will need to also know this info. Does that receiver do glonass as well? And do you know if the pix/apm2 can use gngsa, glgsa, and glgsv?

• I got the g2m1 glonass/gnss receiver from navspark. Haven't tried my ns gl or ns raw units. The g2m1 worked flawlessly, locking in > 20s and hdop lower than 1 with > 15 sv.
    • I'm interested if you got your NavSpark going. I have two NavSpark GL units and when set to use both GPS and Glonass, it cold boots to a HDOP of 1.4 in 32s. Wait 10s more and I've got a HDOP of 0.6/0.7. I've just started looking into whether or not ArduCopter can connect to a NavSpark.

This reply was deleted.

Activity