Non-Canon Camera Trigger Based on Distance

Dear All,

I am developing UAV for Mapping. I use Canon Camera (SX260HS)+CHDK to trigger the camera based on time interval (intervalometer script) and based on distance (E38 script), both was working well.

Now, I want to use another brand of camera (i.e., Sony, Nikon, Canon without CHDK..etc) but I still have no idea how to trigger it. I have read there are part/component who could trigger with infrared, but I put it as a last option.

I want to modify camera connection by cable to PixHawk and setup the camera trigger based on distance in Mission Planner. If somebody already did it and success, please share the wiring diagram.. 

Thanks in advance...

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's nice, can you share the mod? I've been looking of how to trigger nex5 using usb.

From the sensor size perspective, nex series is better than rxIII, have you ever compare the image quality between those 2 camera?

Thanks

• Thank you !

• I am very much interested too. I will buy a Sony RX100 II soon.
  • MR60

Hi, an answer to your question can be given if the camera model is known. Everycamera triggers differently.

• Hi Hugues, I have Canon SX260HS, and considering to buy new Sony RX100 III..

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity