Odd behavior from MP 1.2.85

I am running a home-built quadcopter using APM2.5 and the 3.0.1 firmware.

I just upgraded to Mission Planner 1.2.85 and I am having issues with the connection.  Every time I have my APM 2.5 running on USB (all lights on or flashing), and I try to connect from Mission Planner, my GPS and Arm/Safe leds go off and the Mission Planner never connects.

I've tried several different USB cords, and several different configurations.  Initially I thought that my RC receiver may have been pulling too much current, but the APM responds in the same way even when it has no inputs connected.  I also was unable to connect when the APM was powered from the LiPo and connected with USB, so I don't think power is the problem.

A few times I have been connected when the leds came back on before MP timed out.  In these cases, it seemed to work properly and I had full telemetry.

It almost acts like a signal is being sent by Mission Planner that shuts down communication or powers down part of the board.  I don't know if this is possible, but as soon as Mission Planner times out, the leds come back on.

I would appreciate any input on this I can get.  I have had good success in the past with this quadcopter and I was just getting to the point where I worked out most of the mechanical bugs.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE:  I tried Mission Planner 1.2.81 on another computer and everything worked normally.  It appears that the only common factor with the problem is MP 1.2.85.  If that is the case, I am going to downgrade to the older version.  Luckily I saved the .msi from a previous installation.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I as well have an issue with 1.2.85 - when in flight planner mode, going to FLIGHT PLAN then back to FLIGHT DATA I get  black screen instead of having a map. problem exists both on my laptop running XP and on my desktop running win7/64.
    Never had this same problem with previous versions of MP.

I have no problems with USB connection to my APM 2.75.

• Same problem here. Was connecting (via USB) fine on 1.2.84 but now on almost always times out on 1.2.85. I have tried resetting the APM 2.5 but still no  go.

• I saw this too. I used the reset button on the APM and that got it working.
This reply was deleted.

Activity