Oscillation / Motor issue

Hello forum -I'm using ardupirates latest release and have PID values at default settings.When I arm the motors and try to get it to lift off it tilts in the same direction every time. I've tried adjusting the PID values in acrobatic mode and that had no effect, so I reset via configurator and find myself back at the beginning.Here's a short clip of it trying to tilt.Any suggestions?http://www.vimeo.com/21948631

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have u got it figured out yet?
  • yep, I'm using the most recent release.Sebastian suggested changing the mode to plane and the switches in the remote. The GPS went from using the AUX2 switch ON my DX7 remote to using the FLT MODE switch on the DX7 remote. I've included a picture.

The (AUX2 switch) GPS was previously tied to the throttle and didnt work. It is no longer tied to the throttle and now my GPS gets a signal on the FLT MODE switch. I think its weird, but im thankful.

http://i53.tinypic.com/wbv483.png
  • Thanks again! any clue why flt mode would be my AUX2 and not my AUX2. I can't find anything about flt2 being changed to AUX 2 in the manual. I feel like i'm sooooo close :)
  • Another little suggestion: try your first flights in an open space (outdoors) with a nice soft grass under. :)

It is always very difficult to judge based on a very low flight.

• that's easy to figure out, should've thought about it more before replying.
    thanks again!
  • it is set to heli mode.
    I have a spektrum dx7 and have been trying to learn the manual.
    Since it hasnt been up in the air (without crashing) implementation of default
    settings has been hard to judge. do I have to go in and reverse ALL of the servos in heli mode?
  • thanks for the acceleration suggestion Sebastian! That fixed it the leaning issue.

I apologize for a continued inquiry, but it seems that my pitch, etc is reversed and
    I have not found a solution in the forums. I am using latest arudpirates release. Is this
    an APM to transmitter connection issue? or a code? I say this because AUX is tied to my throttle control. Maybe it should be because AUX is my GPS on the transmitter (spektrum ar6210)
  • calibrate acceleromters, it does not depend on PID values when it ALWAYS tilts in one direction
  • just double checked. i have a + setup and it 'looks', when throttling up, like 4 is pushing up and 3 is pulling down, but the props are spinning in the clockwise direction. the '3' motor does stop quickly while the others slowly stop when disarming if that could have any sort of merit.
  • Check your motor and prop direction.
This reply was deleted.

Activity