Hi,
Have been working on an OSD compatible with MinimOSD, but based on a STM32F4. The OSD can do vector graphics and also can send data to the ground station using the unused frames after the Vsync pulses ( like teletext).( I use this to send data to my antenna tracker.) The OSD is desigtned to be a drop in replacement for MinimOSD and accepts Mavlink data. Also has 2 audio channels ( so can be used e.g fo vario) and various peripherals ( serial port, i2C, SPI and PWM capture etc,) broken out on headers.
Here is a video of the prototype working
regards
Andy
Replies
If it goes Kickstarter, I am in. I am so tired of the limitations of the 7456 graphics, and your approach gets around that. There should be an opportunity for someone to come up with a product for sale.
Just interested in using it on the BrainFPV as that H/W is available now. Hopefully I can work out the low level issues by checking the source code.
I certainly don't think it would be difficult undercutting Brain FPV on price. It Would be a diversion from my original purpose though which is to provide telemetry for my Antenna Tracker.
My hunch is it's going to happen one way or another. Kickstarter is one of various options.. Initially Since I am going to open source the board(EDIT boards.. hope to make a V2 soon), there will be hardware available to hackers shortly , (so I better get on and put it on Github and perhaps OSHPark for the hardware) If that takes off then larger scale manufacturing will surely follow...
regards
Andy
to start manufacturing of custom boards, of decent quality (no manual soldering) you'll need some volume to make the set-up of manufacturing worth it.
I suggest you do a little more visual software demo, and got for a kickstarter to get the funding needed to start manufacturing.
My guess is that you will have very good response. this project is what's needed to finally get us something of RVOSD fidelity.
+1 to crowdfunding
Very nice to finally see something like this :) We'll be able to display much more data, in much more readable and intiutive way.
Well done. Will this be a product for purchase ? , purchase PCB+get open source, or open all the way ?
Looking forward to it anyway.
I can imagine you'll listen on to I2C for smooth AHI.
BTW: for me, the most important part is the video processing onboard of UAV, because plain telemetry(with proper antennas) have longer range any time.
-
1
-
2
-
3
-
4
of 4 Next