Hello,

I am trying to create a custom ground station that could take off the Quadcopter when a camera detects a predefined target. Basically, there are a camera, a computer and a Quadcopter. The computer sends MAVLink commands to the APM3.1 and no remote control shall be used.

I am running a C++ program that arms the Quadcopter with MAVLink but I can't manage to make it fly.

I first tried to override remote control with RC_CHANNELS_OVERRIDE MAVLink command but the Quadcopter does not answered to my request. I then tried with MAVLink missions. I succeed in sending mission to the Quadcopter (I can see them with Mission Planner) but when I switch to AUTO mode, nothing happened.

I'm probably missing something but I've been looking around for a while and I didn't manage to find anything. If you've done that kind of things and if you've got some time to spend for a newbie, any help would be warmly welcomed.

Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Alexander,

You first have to arm the Quad. For that, use the arm mavlink command COMMAND_LONG (#76). Then, simply use the RC_CHANNELS_OVERRIDE (#70).

The thing is to use the correct GCS_ID so that the Quad will recognize you ;-)

Thanks for the tip on AUTO mode, i'll try that.

Cheers

• Hi Valentin,

What's the correct GCS_ID you used?

Thanks

• Hi Valentin, can i get more information on how you were able to arm the quad using #76? Also i am trying to use SET_ROLL_PITCH_YAW_THRUST ( #56 ). Currently I am able to request for IMU data but I am still trying to send commands to the quad. Any help/input is highly appreciated. Thank you!

• Suresh,

The trick is to use the #76 mavlink command with the MAV_CMD field set to the arm/disarm command (400).

Then send the MAVLink command to your QUAD, using the correct target system / target component.

Good luck !

• Valentin,

Thanks for the reply. Based on your post, I was able to find out that command and the 400 with parameter 1 to arm and 0 to disarm. 

However, I am still unsure what is the line in code to invoke. With the given library files, mavlink_msg_command_long is not recognized. Can I get some guidance here?

I just started coding in mavlink several weeks ago. Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks!

• Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I will try to use those commands to control APM.

Cheers

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…