Pixhawk BAD ACCEL HEALTH APM 3.2 - collecting data

A few users, myself included, appear to be having issues calibrating accels and/or arming when using APM 3.2 on a Pixhawk.  I see posts here and there, but thought it may be best if those having the issue could all 'check in' to one post so that the developers can see how widespread the issue is and gather data.

My Pixhawk will arm occasionally, and will even fly successfully.  Occasionally however it will not arm and I will receive the pre-arm error "Accels not healthy".  A few days ago I was able to arm and fly thorugh one lipo, then after landing and swapping batteries I could not arm due to this reason.  I have attached the logs from the successful flight, as well as the failed pre-arm logs, to this post.

As you can see from these images there is something amiss with IMU2.  This is a snippit from the good flight, showing values for AccX on IMU1 and IMU2:

3691166950?profile=original

and here are the same values on the second attempt, pre-arm.

3691167027?profile=original

In the 3.2 release thread a few users had mentioned the issue and Randy advised to set the log_bitmask to "131070" so that it will log everything including the pre-arm checks.  I encourage others having the issue to do the same and share the logs and experiences here so that we can find out what is going on here - is there a bad batch of Pixhawks in the wild that only now show the hardware errors due to something new in 3.2, or is there an issue in the APM software?

goodlog.bin

badlog.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have a number of issues with "Gyro health", and the HUD being off by 30' after I changed packs. Previous, the hex flew many arm/disarm activities on one pack.

I cycled power 2-3 times, and eventually, it reset back to level, allow it to arm. Flights were normal after this, and did not occur again on the next pack.

This is a HK mini board, with no cover (not even on baro). It was also -3'c. Arducopter 3.2.

Is this a related issue?

• Euan,

the thread is specifically related to Pixhawk and the fact that it has dual IMU's.  The HK Mini board is a derivative of APM hardware and as such has only one IMU so your problem is not directly related - sorry.

• "Gyro health" This is always what I get...

Yesterday I tried to supply the Pixhawk only and it did the same thing, was not leveled, etc.

I unplugged and replugged it and it was back to level and ready to arm.

I suspect that GPS has to be "3D locked"...  Then I unplug - replug and it is leveled.

Another thing I have noticed, it probably has no effect but we never know.....

The CC BEC PRO is a programmable buck switcher and I looks like it takes 100-125mSec on the start-up to set the output voltage correctly.  Like it starts at 4V and then it goes to 5.1V

I took this screen shot.  This is the 5V that supplies the Pixhawk.

3702543022?profile=original

• Unfortunately I'm on APM and a 3DR power module, so it's not your CC BEC causing it.

• The issue described in the beginning of this thread an commented by Randy is Pixhawk(and Derivates) only. It is related to one of two IMUs failing, APM has only one.
  • After upgrading to 3.2 i can´t arm the copter if temperatures are belov +5 Celsius. PreArm: Accels Inconsistent I had no problems with 3.1.5 when there was -15 Celsius. I have tried 3 different boards. 2x HKPilot32 and 1x original 3DR Pixhawk and all have the same issue with 3.2 firmware. 2 were quad copters and one was octocopter. I can skip the INS prearm check and it flies like a bird but this is not a real solution. I think that this is a firmware bug in the 3.2 firmware because it wasn´t there with 3.1.5.  This problem isn´t there when outside temperature is +15 Celsius. I really hope that 3.2.1 will have a solution that works for this issue.

• Developer

@Joukko,

This sounds like a different issue than what's being described in most of this thread.  It sounds like you're tripping over one of the IMU pre-arm check but it's not clear which one.  If you could enable logging (All+DisarmedLogging) and post it here we can see which pre-arm is failing.  Also if you could write down what the message is that's being displayed when you try to arm that will help.

At the risk of being pedantic, it's unlikely to be a "bug" as such.  It's likely a false triggering of a safety check because of a high speed temperature change affecting the IMU.

• I don´t know why but It does not log outside when its on batteris. When i power it through usb then I think it´s logging. I think that you will agree with me if you look at the log fail. I did not see any error messages in there and that is because it is inside in the warm. Should i format the microSD and try again or what should I do?

170.BIN

This reply was deleted.

Activity