PIXHAWK problem

I have been using pixhawk succesfully for a week now BUT...

today after a small flight indoors ... after i dissarmed my quad i couldn't arm it again from safe button.

I didn't have the buzzer on so i had no indication of the problem. So i decided to plug my pixhawk on my pc through usb without everything (later on i connected the buzzer and safety switch) and it could not connect to apm nor mp.

After pluging the buzzer i heard this strange beep sequense that is not listed in the known ones so please if someone can help me ... it goes 3 quick beeps and then 3 long beeps like beep beep beep - beeeeeeep beeeeeep beeeeeep . The safety switch blinks fast.

If while it beeps i press the "Flight management reset button" next to USB , then pixhawk comes alive and i am able to connect to both apm and mp.

And WHY does it get OK when i press the "Flight management reset button" ?

Of course pressing the "Flight management reset button" is not a normal solution for when i am on the field , so PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So you contacted them asking for help and they didn't support you yet? If they don't respond to email, phone nor facebook, then try contacting 3DR directly. It might take a few days to a week but you should get assistance. In the meantime, just swap out your PX4 MicroSD card for a spare one from a reputable manufacturer (Sandisk or Kingston for example)...

Good luck.

• No I did not contact them because I was not aware of a problem till now.

i tought they did not let Pixhawk with bad SD card going to customers....

• EXACT SAME PROBLEM HERE TOO....BUT AFTER I DELETE LOG FILES ON pc EVERTHING IS NORMAL AGAIN,SAME SD CARD

• Emin,

After I have swapped the standard PIXHAWK SD card for another one, 2GB or more I have not seen this problem any longer.
      Make sure it's a card which can handle fast I/O...

Now I am more experienced with the PIXHAWK, I know that removing these BIN files has nothing to do with the introduced vault..., they are actually binary log files which the PIXHAWK is storing there...

Removing an reformatting is only temporary removing your problem which is what we all experienced...

Apparently there was a bunch of SD cards which were not completely up to specs, so replacing the SD will remove your problem...
  • Hi Yiannis, did you get this sorted, any repeats?

I've keep getting this problem too, with thee short beeps, thee long beeps and sometimes accompanied with a yellow flashing LED. It seems to happen when I change batteries, at least that is the case so far. Scenario: I am flying the quad, I plug in a new battery and then it starts with the thee short, thee long beeps just as you've described. I've already tried removing files form SD card, reformating SD card, re-seating SD card etc..  it's a very annoying issue. It's happened a few times already to me.. seems that simply resetting the whole board and reconfiguring fixes it for a time.... but this really should not be necessary.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6lbi65pzpfys7i/2014-03-08%2009.23.21.mp4

Dropbox - Error
    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
    • I just got response from 3DR support.. 

"That well known sound pattern is regarding a mission SD card on the autopilot. please be sure that your Pixhawk has it microSD card already inserted on it slot before power this up."

No kidding, but if my SD card is properly plugged in and I've check the SD card on my computer several times, what is causing the problem?

• Erik, I also performed a slow format and a disk check including bad sector check, no problems found at all...

The engineer asked me to swap out the PX4 SD Card with another one, so I used a SanDisk 2GB Micro SD I had on hand, performed the same process of fat32 slow formatting, disk check with bad sector check and put that in, no problems at all. I can in fact swap back and forth between the shipped PX4 SD card and my own and every time I get panic alarm with the PX4 SD card and the SanDisk card has no problems...

I am now using the PX4 SD card in my video camera where the SanDisk came came from without any problems..

Go figure.

• I don't know if Yiannis is still experiencing this problem, but for me I can confirm that I do have this problem every now and then.

For whatever reason it keeps getting back, even after formatting the SD card, or repairing the file system on the card by running a chkdsk, which was mentioned at the APM community.

Check disk keeps coming up with failures found on the card, so after completing the FS check it seems to be OK, which results in a normal start of the PIXHAWK.

Usually the PIXHAWK will the boot for a number of times without a failure, and then it starts again.

Did you contact 3D robotics by mail or at the APM community ?

I would love to know the real reason....
  • I have taken out and in the sd card a couple of times after the incident , but problem seems to inseast. For some strange reason though , sometimes it starts ok but most of the times it doesn't

• T3
    Check your SIM card has not gotten unplugged.
This reply was deleted.

Activity