Hi,

During my first experimental flight with:

Tarot X6 960 frame

2x Tattu 10A 6S LiPos

Taranis X9D+ with S3 switch installed

FrSKY X8R

3DR original Pixhawk with Arducopter 3.3

I had an issue switching flight modes (switch setup on S3 multi-position): flying in Stab Mode is pretty good, just the yaw a bit slow and pitch/roll too reactive, but I didn't run the Autotune yet.

Switching to AltHold it can keep the altitude, but when I switched again to Stabilize, the copter flown very badly (like 45° pitch forward) forward and away from me. I tried to control it and pull it back, but it wasn't so reactive to my inputs, so I switched again the AltHold mode then back to Stabilize and everything went back to normality.

Looking at the log, it seems that I gave an input from the TX (but of course I'm sure I did not do it) and it also reports a switch to RTL, which I did not selected (the S3 switch is configured as follows: loiter, alt hold, stabilize, circle, auto, RTL).

Could you please help me to understand the problem?

Do you think it would be safer to put the flight modes switch setup on two 3 position switches on the radio?

And, I think I could use 5 flight modes on the S3 switch and put the RTL on a dedicated single switch. Can you confirm this?

I attach the tlog file.

Thanks.

2016-06-13 17-29-18.tlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hello, do you still have this drone? can I buy your tarot x6? its sold out every where!
  •  Do you have your failsafes setup in the APM? I bet the switch to RTL was your problem. Could you upload the dataflash log?

I use 5 flight modes on 2 3 pos switches and RTL on the 2 position switch, So that is very possible. 

• Hi Russel and thanks for your support.

I must double check, I think the RTL was setup but let me check later today as soon as I'll be with the copter again.

thanks.

• Any help, please?

This reply was deleted.

Activity