Pixhack error: Check BRD_TYPE: no lsm303d found

Hey all, well its been a frustrating time here with the newly purchased pixhack. I purchase a genuine CUAV unit and was told I could run APM/PX4 stack with out any issues, but I simply cannot do it.

I have done pritty much everything I could think off to run it in mission planner with updating to latest firmware first, then older firmware, still same issue.

The problem I have is below;

1. boot up via usb GPS plugged in, safety switch plugged in, external LED plugged in.

2. Pixhack begins for a few seconds then, little LED flashing red/blue along with white light solid...

3. this is where it stops... nothing more.

NOW, while I CAN update the firmware to the latest firmware (heli) in this instance, it never initializes from what I can tell. I have looked at the logs and it states a repeating error: Initialising APM, then Error: check BRD_TYPE: no lsm303d found???????????

As far as I am aware, the lsm303d my pixhack HAS a lsm303d acc/mag????

have I bricked this thing?????

As mentioned NOTHING that I do solves this issue. I have reset the unit via holding down safety switch, reseting via little side buttons and power on. I have googled the hell out of it and nothing is working...

so....before I pack it away and buy something else...can anything be done here you think?3691328294?profile=originalANY assistance would be great!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah Im curious when mission planner will be able to achieve this?

f8 said:

Yesterday I had the same problem and the same errors but with 3DR Pixhawk Mini. I tried to set BRD_TYPE manualy but then it shows other error msg, something about other sensor, I don't remember. Now I have firmware from QGroundControl and it works fine but not with MissionPlanner that I'm used to. 

Anyone knows when MissionPlanner will handle it?

• Yes you are correct! I opened QGroundControl an flashed px4 firmware stack not apm and no errors????? Strange?? Seems to be working but really not use to using this software..i really would like to use mission planner but it looks like it's not going to happen :(

I tried the change the brd type as well as mentioned but nothing works.. Would luv a resolution if possible!
  • Yesterday I had the same problem and the same errors but with 3DR Pixhawk Mini. I tried to set BRD_TYPE manualy but then it shows other error msg, something about other sensor, I don't remember. Now I have firmware from QGroundControl and it works fine but not with MissionPlanner that I'm used to. 

Anyone knows when MissionPlanner will handle it?

• Developer

You probably have a failed sensor (the lsm303d). With current master you could still use the board like this:

• install the 'latest' test firmware (use control-Q in MissionPlanner to load latest)
    • when it gives the BRD_TYPE error, go to the advanced parameter list and set BRD_TYPE to 2
    • then reboot the board

what that will do is force it to identify as a pixhawk. It will then fail to start the lsm303d sensor driver, but you would still be able to use the board with one IMU (the MPU6000).

This reply was deleted.

Activity