Pixhawk-lite vs PX4mini vs pixfalcon

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody can help me decide on which small form factor pixhawk is the best in terms of cost/performance/usability.


Pixhawk lite




I like this form factor, the cover, and the price, but it's missing the ability to have the buzzer, which in my opinion is quite important. Manufacturing QA/QC may be an issue.





Price is great, not really sure what (if anything) is missing compared to the pixhawk. Also, kinda needs a cover to get it to stick down. Not sure who manufactures this guy.





Great form factor, great functions, reliable manufacturer, but very very pricey.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –


                  • Here is the link for painless Phil. 


                  • Wicked news Phil, will look forward to those reviews. Painless has such a following and his step by step videos so good, they must translate to more sales.

                  • We have sent them to our previous X2 testers. I am not familiar with this person, but I'll look them up. Lastly, the people that are flying the PixRacers are finding them to be more responsive than the older PH boards. Time will tell!

  • I wouldn't say "very very". It cost $ 89,99 at Banggood and others.

    I'm compiling a comparison sheet. Not quite finished yet, so contributions are welcome. I have just installed the Pixfalcon (from HK) in a 250 size quad and so far it seems to perform ok. Thinking about buying the "Golden" version for a 700 size quad. Hence the comparison.


    • Don't buy the Pixfalcons from bangood, there's a post about it somewhere. I posted a link of the one I bought. The quality is excellent, I'd say it's as good as the 3DR quality. But again, watch out for bangood and a few other Chinese knockoffs.
      • I bought my Pixfalcon from HK. But I have placed many other orders at Banggood. I have nothing negative to say about them. Just waiting for the "Golden" Pixhawk mini and some other stuff from them now

    • Can anyone comment on the QAQC of the PixFalcon?

  • Being a APM and then Pixhawk fan, I like the Pixfalcon. It pretty much has everything you need for a race spec quad and is only slightly bigger than a cc3d. I've alway had good luck mounting my autopilots upside down and then changing the settings to roll 180. The only issue that I experienced was from mounting GPS directly to the carbon fiber frame. When I put it into loiter mode it went bizerk! Problems went away after placing the GPS on a 3" pedestal mount. It lands in exactly the same place it was launched from 95% of the time. The other 5% it's only about 3-5 feet away, not bad. The GPS mount I mad looks sort of clumsy on a 250 race quad, but it works. If you treat it as a Pixhawk and follow all the same installing procedures, you shouldn't have any trouble. I bought mine here in Texas and received it the next day: http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/201461802404
    • Sorry i haven't seen this earlier. There's no particular reason other than convenience or actually finding a place to put it. But I've just started another build and mounting this one right side up. When working with limited mounting area it's nice to have this option available in mission planner.
    • Depends on the crash. I've had a few minor ones. It held up okay. I had the plastic 3DR mast before and that didn't last long, hit branch, damn trees
This reply was deleted.