Replies

• Here is a new log

2014-05-20 12-18-14.log

• you did not recalibrate RC, I see the same difference in RCIN2

Your MAG/MAagX,Y,Z have a lot of noise, and Thottle, the few peaks you have, changes MagX  from 230, to 11.

you need to move magnetometer (in GPS, the secondary is in Pixhawk's front left corner) away from power cables.

- The secondary is usually not in use (yet)

• Thanks for that. I just received the 3DR GPS mast yesterday will install tonight. So is my compass really far off and the motors are affecting it that much?

• plot the MAG/MagX,Y,Z  vs ThrOut and see for yourself :) 

also observe the low "ripple" in magnetic field before takeoff, and the change with throttle.

• check that you did not play with trims on radio.

And redo radio calibration.

your CH2_TRIM is 1510  (pitch) - but seems to usually be  1523 

DZ is set to 30, so it should be within +/- 15, - maybe it sometimes is...

If you still have a problem, try to just reproduce the problem, and create a log that clearly displays only the problem.

Arm when you get plenty of sats, give no pitch/roll input   - just raise to 5m , then switch to loiter, and stay off the sticks for at least 10sec.  or 15m  travel, switch to manual to mark end of loiter, and land, disarm.

• Hi Andre. Thanks for the quick reply. For the CH2 thing, it was windy that day so I was giving a little of bit of stick to keep it still. Also what is DZ? I will try doing the loiter thing again when I have good weather (possibly Sunday). I always wait until I have GPS lock and I usually get 8-10 sats.

• DeadZone, it defines how much input around center should be ignored, treated as no manual input.

This reply was deleted.

Activity