Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here there,
    I see only one I2C port on the Pixracer, and I am concerned because my plan is to use ArduPlane w/ the I2C digital airspeed sensor on a small plane (1m/39inches wingspan).  

Can I disconnect the external magnetometer and put instead the digital airspeed ? My airplane is nitro, so I guess the internal magnetometer should be good enough. But, will ArduPlane be docile with that trick ?

May be I can use an I2C splitter  ? But would that work ?

Many thanks for your help.

• Hi, no need to cross post on different forums.. I think most people involved are impatiently watching all of the several threads on a few different forums about the pixracer topic :).  (at least I am, so I'll answer :D)

Yep, i2c splitter.. no problem.
      you'll have to make/edit one of the cables, but that's easy enough.

• @ Bill Bonney  

Hey will Mav Pilot be able to direct connect with the pixracer being as it has it's own on board wifi? That would be slick! And come to think about it... wouldn't I be able to use APM Planner on my MacBook Air connected via wifi as well? It would not have the range of mavlink of course but still a nice option if it fact would work. 

• Developer

Yes, MAVPilot works with the MAV-ESP8266 WiFi firmware that is used on the Pixracer. It uses UDP the same as APM Planner 2.0

• Is there a cage for the pixracer to protect?

• Developer

Due to variously other things going on, we didn't make a lot of progress today on sorting out the gyro health issue but we're pretty confident we know where it's coming from.  The low level IMU (accel/gyro) driver is kicking up errors probably because some register values we write are not staying at the value we wrote to them.  We just need to understand what's going on and put a work around in there.

• Great work!

For GPs have you tested the uBlox unit which you have put on your website(http://www.auav.co/product-p/gpsrtf1.htm)? Is it the recomended GPS?

• Due to recent feedback, I have pulled this GPS from my site pending a through review. I have used them personally to good success, but I do not want to sell junk.

Thank you!

• Are there any good GPS units which you can recommend for Pixracer?

• Developer

Slightly out of date but there was a good review (here) a little under a year ago.

This reply was deleted.

Activity