Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can you please describe how did you configure CH5 to receive PWM sonar?

Sorry i cant help, but i like to do this as well.. :)

BTW, is there a newer chat for pixracer + arducopter discussion. here the comments slowed down, but the guys are working on it (i get a lot of change notifications from github).

Jared Muirhead said:

I am having an issue on the pixracer board.  I am using the PX4_PWM rangefinder.  It works fine, and CH5 on the board reads the correct distance.  However, enabling this rangefinder kills the output on CH6.  I'm no longer able to use it as a servo.  It is always pulled to ground.  

Anyone know the cause or how to fix it?

• I am having an issue on the pixracer board.  I am using the PX4_PWM rangefinder.  It works fine, and CH5 on the board reads the correct distance.  However, enabling this rangefinder kills the output on CH6.  I'm no longer able to use it as a servo.  It is always pulled to ground.  

Anyone know the cause or how to fix it?

• Is there something else to fly than Master ?? 

The best way to avoid broken props is not to do the optional part of flying drones, ie - take off. After that everything is mandatory :)

LoL

Marcell Kovacs said:

Thanks Thorsten.

Accidentally flashed it using Wifi, WOW :)

(for sure at your own risk ;-))

If I use the stable, will you pay for my broken props? ;)

Sadly it got night here, I shouldn't arm this little shouting beast.

Thorsten said:

Hi Marcell,

I recommend flying master (for sure at your own risk ;-))

There are lots of EKF fixes in there as well as other enhancements such as automated throttle mid setting.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Marcell Kovacs said:

Assembled, connected the wires, DSM satellite works with 3.4-rc1 as well (I only miss the failsafe option). So far, everything is good, i haven fly it yet.

These are some photos of the drone: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bzz1m9D3igS9LWgzMEZGR1NZbTA... 

• T3

Marcell,

I pay you a beer next time we meet! :-)

• Thanks Thorsten.

Accidentally flashed it using Wifi, WOW :)

(for sure at your own risk ;-))

If I use the stable, will you pay for my broken props? ;)

Sadly it got night here, I shouldn't arm this little shouting beast.

Thorsten said:

Hi Marcell,

There are lots of EKF fixes in there as well as other enhancements such as automated throttle mid setting.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Marcell Kovacs said:

Assembled, connected the wires, DSM satellite works with 3.4-rc1 as well (I only miss the failsafe option). So far, everything is good, i haven fly it yet.

These are some photos of the drone: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bzz1m9D3igS9LWgzMEZGR1NZbTA... 

• Thank's

• T3

Hi Cala,

as far as I know rc2 is not out yet. But it will most probably be rebased on master.

Use Ctrl-Q in Mission Planner when you want to install the firmware. 

Cheers,

Thorsten

• Thorsten: that's rc2?

Thorsten said:

Hi Marcell,

Best regards,

Thorsten

• T3

Hi Marcell,

Best regards,

Thorsten

Marcell Kovacs said:

• Nice Marcell :) , enjoy fly it now :D , I recived my pixracer with sd card, perhaps a promotion because I didn't wait it too, the Pixhacker have to sell the cases and He's going to have more profit legally, It's looks cool and protect the board.

This reply was deleted.

Activity