Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• BTW it seems im reproducing all the failures one can achieve. So if you have something specific to test, let me know. The problems will show up on my setup :)

• Ordered an ACSP5, hope that fixes my problem.

Im connecting servos, vtx, etc using dedicated regulators, no vcc to pixracer from there.

From pixracer i only power the RX, GPS, and buzzer. from Rx i power nothing.

But as a workaround, i will try to use the 5v regulator to power pixracer instead of the power module. At least until ACSP arrives. Will let you know the results.

Thanks again :)

Nick Arsov said:

Wow, the power supply is not good...too much noise? I hope when you apply a clean power the RC noise will be reduced too. Also do avoid connecting something noisy ( like servos ) to the receiver.

• Wow, the power supply is not good...too much noise? I hope when you apply a clean power the RC noise will be reduced too. Also do avoid connecting something noisy ( like servos ) to the receiver.

• Just after writing about my setup, i started to think about i may have board power issue.

This is my VCC chart + RC in having the fluctuations. Somewhere i read pixracer needs clean 5-5.5v power, now what i see is 4.9-5v, with high noise at where the RC-in noise is observed.

Can this cause these sympthoms? Anyway, im just ordering an ACSP5 (i need it small, and i only want to power the pixracer from it).

3702281679?profile=original

Nick Arsov said:

Disconnect everything but power, ESCs, receiver and GPS.....no camera, no servos, no video Tx....

Make a clean setup and calibration and make a fresh log.

• Disconnect everything but power, ESCs, receiver and GPS.....no camera, no servos, no video Tx....

Make a clean setup and calibration and make a fresh log.

• Hi Nick,

In this post, i attached the logs and settings: http://diydrones.com/xn/detail/705844:Comment:2294859

About the wiring and components:

pixracer, ublox 6h gps, 3dr power module (this is powering the pixracer, most proably this is a clone as well), PDB with 12v regulator, 5v regulator and LC filter (this is powering the VTX, one now-unconnected servo, 4x20a racerstar blheli esc, 4s 1800mah lipo, mt2204 emax II motors, zmr250 frame, 5v camera, spektrum satellite or ORX 6ch PPM sum receiver

SW: 3.3.4, 3.4rc1, 3.4rc2

Recently I replaced the clone pixracer with a genuine one. with the clone i havent experience this, but that had other issues starting its sensors, and did not support DSM input. so thats not a good measure.

Than you for reply,

M.

Nick Arsov said:

Hi Marcell,

Please provide your wiring, connected devices, firmware installed, settings and log files if any.

BR

Nick

• Hi Marcell,

Please provide your wiring, connected devices, firmware installed, settings and log files if any.

BR

Nick

• Guy, sorry for pushing... but.. can you please advice me on how can i proceed to get in the air with my pixracer?

I cant decide if:

- its my fault and im doing something wrong

- its a software bug

- its a hardware bug

My quad just does not fly well. It shakes randomly, rc input chart shakes (only in air, regardless of the receiver used). Removed all the extra hardware i can (gps, wifi). It does not even hold heading :( 

Is there a way to get customer support from AUAV? Is this the responsibility of AUAV at all? I dont want to only rely on your kindness, I'm seeking a solution.

• Never ending Autotune,

As with 3.4-rc1 also 3.4-rc2 never ends the autotuning within 7 min and for Roll only.

And as I could see in the log, the values for P and D are decreased from the manual setup with good attitude below the defaults.

With the defaults the Hexa F550, 1.8 kg was not to control.

Here the .Log file:

https://www.hightail.com/download/cUJVK3BETStRYSs5TE5Vag

• Never ending Autotune,

As with 3.4-rc1 also 3.4-rc2 never ends the autotuning within 7 min and for Roll only.

And as I could see in the log, the values for P and D are decreased from the manual setup with good attitude below the defaults.

With the defaults the Hexa F550, 1.8 kg was not to control.

This reply was deleted.

Activity