Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• While I cannot confirm it is genuine... Here is the chip under the cover of my units.

3702857343?profile=original

Phil

• Developer

Tridge and I have released Copter-3.3.4-rc2-pixracer so it can be downloaded using Mission Planner's beta firmware link.  The fixes are in the ReleaseNotes but they're just small changes:

• fix SBUS input
    • ignores accel and gyro errors during first 2 seconds of startup

We will give it a couple of days and if no significant problems are reported we will promote it to the official version.

Thanks for your patience in getting this sorted!

• Randy, do you have any information as to the UAVCAN issue with Zubax GNSS2?  According to Pavel it is a break in the UAVCAN code in APM.  My racer works with PX4 stack/Zubax but still no communication on the APM side.

Thanks, R

• Randy, for Mission Planner users, it seems "Beta firmwares" does not make 3.3.4 available. 

Should it be available on the firmware site (http://firmware.diydrones.com/Copter/latest/) or somewhere else? I do see V3.4-dev is here, but not the pixracer branch. It looks like the Travis build may have failed too?

Thanks for your work on this!

• > fix SBUS input

The PPM Failsafe issue with Hott (Fs PWM), as described earlier, is fixed as well. Thx !

Recovery behavior is somehow different. The Pixracer has to be rebooted, to recognize the Rx again.

• Developer

I think we've gotten to the bottom of the "Bad Gyro Health" issue and I hope to release Copter-3.3.4-rc1-pixracer tomorrow with a fix.

The issue is there are errors on the SPI bus during the first 2 ~3 seconds after startup.  It could be the board's power is coming up slowly but I'm not a hardware person so that's just a guess.

The same things happens on the Solo so we're using the same fix which is to ignoring errors during the first two seconds after startup.  If the communication problems persist, the Gyro errors will pop-up meaning that this patch should not make the system less safe.

• Awesome work Randy, can't wait to get this in my micro quad.

• thanks randy for all!

• fantastic new randy. You guys rock! Beers on me :D 

• Great news :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity