Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Hi Tim,

Pixracer will work fine for plane. The 3.5.0 release came out before I received the final version of the Pixracer, so it doesn't have the fix for the FRAM issues. As Randy says you can fly master now, or I could push out a beta for you now if you prefer. We're close to being ready for 3.5.1 anyway.

Cheers, Tridge

• Thanks Randy and Tridge. I can wait for 3.5.1. Really looking forward to  trying pixracer. Thanks again for all your work.

• Developer

Tim,

"latest" (aka "master") plane supports the pixracer but the fixes are quite recent so they were not included in the last "official" release.  Plane releases go out fairly regularly and the next official one will certainly include support but I can't say when that will be.  I guess until then you could load "latest" from the Mission Planner by pressing Ctrl-Q.  That's use at-your-own-risk of course 'cuz it won't have undergone much official beta testing... but my guess is it will work fine.

• Developer

We've pushed out Copter-3.3.4-pixracer to the mission planner as the official release (for pixracer) for all multicopters and the tradheli.  You should find that you can load the firmware from the regular icon's on Mission Planner's Install Firmware screen (i.e. no need to use the beta firmware or latest anymore).

We've included octa-quad and octa builds as well although in practice I can't see how you could fly these with the pixracer because of the 6 pwm output limit.  The Tri and Heli users will also have some trouble because they may require ch7 output.  In Copter-3.4 (and in latest) we allow remapping the motor outputs so once that goes out they will be ok.  Until then, if people run across tri and heli users who want to use the pixracer, please refer them here and we will give them a hand getting it working.

Thanks for your testing feedback and patience!

• Wahoo...mine is on order, when I get it in my Sub250g Ill send you some pics and feedback on how it works on a micro

• Did you order direct from AUAV? You must have bought the last one.

• Preorder is more correct for next shipment

• Developer

Copter-3.3.4-rc3-pixracer is now available through the mission planner's beta firmware link.  Only one change compared with the previous version (Copter-3.3.4-rc2) which is the parameter fix.

If this version tests out well then we will make it the official version in a day or two.

Thanks for your testing especially to Scott W who uncovered the issue!

• Hi Randy,

My latest version of MP does not show 3.3.4-rc3 in Beta Firmware section.

3702619649?profile=original

I had to load 3.3.4-rc3 manualy using load custom firmware. Saving parameters seems to be working fine.

I could not calibrate accel. After pressing Calibrate Accel got quickly all this lines you see below:

3702620083?profile=original

Also, after booting Pixracer, the blue LED close to USB port is not blinking (it is OFF). 

• Developer

Although it says "APM:Copter V3.3.3-rc2 Quad" if you look at the very top of the mission planner (in the screen shot above), you'll see that it's actually loaded Copter V3.3.4-rc3.  The discrepancy happens because we've got two different versions of the software in the beta area.  So the regular Pixhawks are on V3.3.3-rc2 but the pixracer version is running ahead to V3.3.4-rc3.  MP can't show both unfortunately perhaps because it doesn't actually check what board is plugged in until the vehicle icon is pushed.

During the accel calibration it may have been working correctly but you were perhaps not able to see the messages because other messages were also being sent out from the flight controller.  I was able to do an accel calibration just now.. perhaps just do some of the other calibrations (RC, compass, etc) and then come back and do the accel cal last.

This reply was deleted.

Activity