This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.
We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens. Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).
great job, FrSky Telemetry is working again and also QgoundControll can connect via Wifi!
I'll configure OneShot now an go out for a testflight :-)
Thanks a lot
Back from the flight... :-)
Well that was a big improovement for me, nearly everything seems to work now.
I just not get a GPS fix, no idea whats going wrong here. Does anyone else have the same issue?
I'll continue the tests on Friday.
Thanks for the great (and really fast) work by Tridge and Randy. I was a bit concerned when all the reports started coming in about problems with the pixracer so I held off but looks ready to order now.
Regarding the serial ports, are there corresponding SR4/SR5 parameters? I had problems before with devices that weren't requesting the streams properly and couldn't set the streams at the APM end:
WiFi: I tried the WiFi with my Android device and it kept saying, connected, then data link lost, then connected....back and forth.
With the laptop I do not seem to be able to connect anymore at all via wifi
using UDP port 14550
Onboard Mag Calibration:
I used Onboard Mag Calibration and it worked well for Mag 0, but Mag 1 only got to about 40% and seemed to stop. I unchecked Compass #2 and it calibrated great.
ESC Type 1
I will say that the new ESC Type 1 is amazing, it is noticeably smoother when I change from type 0 to 1, so much less vibration.
Hope that helps, Ed
Francisco noticed that in my initial commit to add back frsky support I got the UART order wrong, which moved WiFi to SERIAL4 with the wrong baud rate. I've fixed it in a subsequent commit so WiFi is now on SERIAL5 with the right default baudrate. Can you check if the latest firmware from today fixes wifi for you again?
If it still doesn't work please post your parameter settings (especially SERIAL4* and SERIAL5*).
Is there a way to change the SSID/password?
If not that could cause issues if we want to fly several pixracers at the track
WiFi Via Laptop: seems good.
WiFi with Phone: I did notice that with the phone I still get a "data link lost check connection", "Data link restored" back and forth about every 10 seconds or so even tho the phone is right on the table with the pixracer. Something seems to be an issue with this.
On-board Mag Compass Calibration
id 0 works great
id:0 x:-87.92268 y:21.99235 z:-5.168818 fit:5.358186
id 1 always stops
To fix my Compass issue I just uncheck compass 2 and run it again, but something seems to be an issue either with my internal compass or the firmware
Same issue here: only the external mag is working. They do not calibrate with the on-board method. Calibration in Mission Planner works but then I get a "Compass not calibrated" message.
Interference is about 8%.
As reported earlier the offsets of the internal mag are relatively high. But I doubt it is an issue with the mags because I had similar offsets on many Pixhawk based copters and never had any issues.
I'll post some logs later.
Thorsten, if I uncheck compass #2 and just use external I was able to complete it and get rid of the compass not calibrated message and fly. But not with compass #2 activated.
Check this out gentleman, my Pixracer issue seems fixed and it flies like its on rails, cant wait to get it out to the track this weekend. Issue was the 4 in 1 ESC were too close to the Pix, so I added a larger stand off and check out the crazy results, I think you will like it.