Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• will try that soon, yesterday was a bit windy which resulted in bent motor shaft :) 

btw, it would be great if AC Tri firmware would support servo feedback from hall effect servos... there is a cleanflight variant called triflight which has this option, I think it would be even more helpful with EKF as now we would know the exact thrust vector of the tail, which can be used to decouple roll and yaw on tricopters. later this could be beneficial for VTOL planes. 

I know I am asking a lot here ;) 

lkaino/Triflight
                    Triflight flight controller firmware for tricopters - lkaino/Triflight
                  • Developer
                    This might be your atc_accel_yaw. You might need to increase it.
                  • Hi, yes, I've started to set Yaw_filter to 20Hz back in AC3.2 per your advice, otherwise it was barely flyable. 

It seems that there are two factors causing this "delayed" behavior...

First- there is a bit of latency about 1/8-1/4 second  as usual between manual input and motor output, I guess that's not going to go away (using sbus so latency in RClink is under 12ms)

Second, there is something Yaw specific going on: it takes a few ms to "ramp-up" and to stop reaction after the control input. it's been a few weeks since the last time I've plugged my pixhawk in a PC, so do not remember exactly my yaw D term value, but I know that it is just small enough to prevent oscillations (much smaller than roll/pitch D terms). 

• This is a test using OneShot Type 1 with today's build, There is no oscillation at all now, keep up the good work.

• Edgar, you my friend have some big kahunas..my wife would have mine in her purse if I was flying like that near our glass doors. That's showing some confidence in the state of the FW and your flying abilities...Thumbs up to you. Thank you for your testing and the progress update of the FW   

• Lets just say the cat gets blamed for a lot of broken stuff while my wife is out shopping :-O

The Developers and Engineers have done an amazing job on this 36x36 mm square, I feel like I am flying an Indy car now.

auav

• Developer

Hi All,

I've just pushed an update that should fix FrSky support again. You'll also notice that there is now a new configurable serial port. To use FrSky you need to set SERIAL4_PROTOCOL = 3 or 4 (3 for DPort, 4 for SPort).

The WiFi connection has moved to SERIAL5_PROTOCOL and SERIAL5_BAUD. The default is SERIAL5_PROTOCOL=1 (mavlink) and SERIAL5_BAUD=921600.

Please let me know how it goes! It should appear in the autobuild binaries in a couple of hours time.

Cheers, Tridge

• are all these fixes etc going into apm-plane too or just copter? 

• Developer

all in both. In fact, it is likely it will be in a stable release of plane before copter, just because plane is on a faster release cycle at the moment than copter.

Some features aren't enabled on plane though - for example oneshot isn't on plane except for use as a quadplane (where oneshot can be used for the vertical lift motors). I could enable it on plane servos too, although I doubt it would actually make any difference.

Cheers, Tridge

• awesome thanks! This might be 'plane' summer now :] 

This reply was deleted.

Activity