This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.
We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens. Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).
Replies
+1 for using the new servers!
I hope for you and other devs sake there is somewhat of a way to figure whether any issue is PR or the code itself. I think the vast majority of flyers are still pixhawks still so it would be my vote to focus on 3.4 / pixhawk platform and keep it separate from the PR. Seems you've been burning the candle at both ends..... as usual.
The forum isn't working well mow, I can't upload nothing too.
Here I am with some more notes on the AC3.4 - e3b2e90a and pixracer.
1. It sucks trying to find parameters when a lot of them changed their names.
2. Setting ATC_RAT_YAW_FILT to 20hz does NOT survive reboot, it defaults back to 5hz after power cycle.
3. This particular build is hard to connect to via the wifi adapter params load extremely slow (2-3min and often restart after loading 500ish).
can't attach anything get 500ERROR
4. VERY IMPORTANT on Y3 while disarmed and on the ground while loading full parameter list via WiFi motors started pulsating short bursts of what appeared full throttle for less than second not enough to lift off, but what the heck?!?!? that was scary my face was about 30cm away from the prop... this happened 4 times during parameter download via tower. for what its worth - I do not use safety button, would be interesting to see if this is reproducible with one. worth noting that I have LB20ies with oneshot125 enabled on that tricopter. never happened before.
5. Angle Boost produced mixed feelings.... during really fast forward flight it adds way too much throttle, during slow passes in loiter copter was still loosing altitude my loiter speed is set to 1000. maybe we need some sort of a parameter to adjust it..
6. Follow me is broken, copter just lands when switched to follow mode via tower.
7. For all the tricopter pilots: I finally found the parameter which gave me back yaw very similar to AC3.1.5!
well there are a few of them actually:
ATC_RAT_YAW_FILT = 20
ATC_SLEW_YAW = 18000 (big impact)
ATC_Y_MAX = 54000 - 100000 (gives you nice crisp throttle control)
ATC_RAT_YAW_D = 0 (lower your P & I but keep D at 0)
ATC_YAW_P = 0.1
ATC_YAW_I = 0.01
ATC_ANG_YAW_P = 4
the last three settings are my preference, adjusting those will change how actively AC stabilizes yaw
the first four give you precise throttle control so yaw servo moves ONLY when your yaw stick moves and stops when yaw stick goes to neutral. without those, yaw response is greatly delayed.
I am attaching only one log here, but I have a few more if interested 2 with autotune (second produced decent PIDs for roll/pitch). The one attached has throttle jump during parameter download with tower via ESP8266 while in the air.
Thanks for the report.
#4 is almost guaranteed to be interference from the wifi on the ESCs. You can see similar effects by putting a 3DR radio very close to a servo. If you can easily recreate this I think you'll find that if a safety switch is attached (and it's red light is flashing meaning that it's off) that the issue doesn't happen. The reason is that when the safety switch is off we send no PWM pulses. This results in slightly annoying beeps from the ESCs but it will also make it more difficult for the wifi interference to affect the ESCs. When the safety switch is solid (i.e. on) then we sent RC3_MIN (i.e. a PWM value of about 1000) to the ESCs. The wifi interference only needs to cause the PWM value to be a little higher (i.e. maybe 1150) to get the motors to spin for a moment.
thanks for replying! I really hope it is so, for a moment I though that it could've been a timing issue. thanks for the explanation.... esp8266 indeed is right next to the ESC signal lines... I will twist them tighter.
Here are all of the logs from yesterdays flights, the last three are the most interesting in my opinion.
the first 2 logs have autotune attempts, the second produced good usable roll/pitch values.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByNP743-FSrrZjN6dzc0akNBUnM...
@Artem,
I have reproduced this and I've pushed a fix to master. Thanks for letting us know!
I haven't looked at the other issues yet
It would also be good to default that for Y3 along with
ATC_SLEW_YAW = 18000
ATC_Y_MAX = 54000 - 100000 (MP description says max 54k but when set to 100k it seemed better, so I've left it at that)
couldn't upload in the original post.
-
36
-
37
-
38
-
39
-
40
of 110 Next