Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• T3

Edgar,

I have not tried autotune with 3.4dev so there might be some other problem but make sure you are in AltHold before triggering Autotune. Also I think (not 100% sure if required) that THR_MID must be set properly and you should be in the dead zone when switching to autotune..

• I think I set mine to 13.69 voltage divider and 48.19 Amps per volt.  It seem to checkout ok after looking at the logs.

I wonder if the 3DR version works better or if its the Pixracer?

Anyone try the ACSP5 version?

• I use the ACSP5 in my micro, the ACSP4 was too big

• Now that more people are using this, have other people noticed the current reading from the ACSP4 is wrong? 
    Or the curve is wrong, or something?  It's correct over a range.. But then lower and higher readings are off. 
    Basically, I have to have my multiplier up to about 200 to get a reading at idle (w/ all my FPV and recording gear it's consuming about 700ma at idle). 
    Then w/ the suggested setting(I think it was about 36, going by memory) it's correct in the 10ish amp range.  But then it's not right over that. 

I saw one person post the other day that they didn't get a reading until pulling some amps, and suggested "it's not meant to be a low power current meter", but other power modules are...  at least, I do get a reading at idle on my other copters w/ different power modules.   If that is the official answer, I'd like to know.. then I'll stop worrying about it.

Edit--  I haven't played w/ this in a couple of weeks, and I see a lot has changed!!  So, not sure if this was addressed or not.. I'll have time to play and test it tomorrow :)

• It should register but not be very accurate at lower currents (my 3DR styles ones were anyway) -- like all these shunt based modules. I will dust off my ACSP4 and test it next week. I have been using Mauch power modules that I picked up and have not used my shunt based ones any more.

• Any chance that we could get UAVCAN to work with Zubax GNSS2. Pavel sent me a patched APMv2 for pixhawk to get me working on that platform and I would really like to try the Zubax with the racer. It is really a sweet GPS unit, would be great to have it fully functional on the APM side.
    Great work on the racer, many thanks to hardware and firmware developers.

Cheers, R
    • Developer

As far as I know the latest UAVCAN is in master.. so I would have though that Copter-3.4-dev would work.. I guess it doesn't?

• Developer

latest UAVCAN is in master. If its not working then check the following:

• that you have set BRD_CAN_ENABLE=1
        • that you have set GPS_TYPE=9
        • that you have assigned a nodeID to the device (see manual)

Note that you can try BRD_CAN_ENABLE=2 to auto-assign a CAN nodeID, although I haven't tested that myself.

Also note that you need to reboot the board after changing BRD_CAN_ENABLE.

• Thanks for the quick response. I have done some testing between my hex/pixhawk and the pixracer using the same GNSS2 unit. I uploaded the latest 3.4 Dev to the pixhawk and uavcan communication is good, the system works just as it did with the firmware I have been using supplied by Pavel. When I switch the GPS to the racer, enable uavcan and set parameters just as in the hawk I get the message on GCS "GPS 0 detected as PX4" repeating to infinity. No GPS signal and no compass from gnss unit.
          R
This reply was deleted.

Activity