Hello all,

had my first flight with an APM2 (arduplane 2.34) yesterday. Great experience ;-)

I used the parameter set for the Skywalker from the download section.

But when descending in automatic flight, the plane started pumping quickly and the wings of the Skywalker were bending up and down like crazy. Really scary. So I switched to manual flight.

This is, what it looks like in the log:

3690940800?profile=original

Two questions:

Which PID parameter do I have to change, to stop this wobbling during the descend?

In addition, all the movements of the plane (roll and pitch) during AUTO-mode are flown very sharply and do not look smooth. Any idea, which parameters to modify to soften the flight behaviour?

Thanks a lot

Dirk

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks to all of you. I changed a lot of the parameters and will check them in flight ASAP.

• Hi Dirk,

It's probably "Servo Pitch PID" that is too high.

However,

I'd suggest you may wish to reset the arudupilot and start again with the default settings following this page to tune the PID's in:

http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/Tuning

I found that the "skywalker" settings were *way* too high for my skywalker, you will notice that they are *much* higher that the default values (which by contrast are very conservative (low) for most airframes I think).

You should find that with stock defaults, it will fly ok, but pitch and roll will be a bit sluggish (not crisp) in FBW_A. Then you can increment them until it flys well (as per that tuning page). That's probably a better process than starting with the skywalker settings and adjusting them downwards.

Good luck,

Dave

This reply was deleted.

Activity