Any help really appreciated, I'm stuck!!!
1. I can successfully load the Ardupilot IMU software on the IMU board no problem using a Windows 7 laptop and a Cool Components FTDI cable. The test software moves the cube etc and the GPS data is picked up so RX/TX from the cable seems to be working as does the PC.
2. Using the same PC I can load the config file on the BLOX GPS using UBLOX.
3. When I try to load the Ardupilot 2.7 firmware using exactly the same setup I get the sync 0x00 error.
4. I've gone right through the recommended list of suggestions EXCEPT using XP mode (I cannot install that at the moment). But if XP Mode was the issue why can I load the ArduIMU????
5. TheArdupilot board has the SparkFun LED lightshow firmware installed from factory. As this is working, does that mean the bootloader cannot be corrupt?????? Or could the lightshow software boot but other parts of the bootloader be corrupt?
6. I'm powering the board off a nice fat RX battery, so power isn't he problem.
I don't want to go to the expense of a bootloader programmer if the bootloader is clearly working because the lightshow software works.
PLease please any guidance greatfully received!!!!