Distributor

Problem connecting Pixhawk and Futaba receiver

Hi

Two of my customers have trouble setting up the Pixhawk - I myself have a Pixhawk, but don't use a Futaba receiver, thereby I can't replicate the problem (I would like to find out if the problem is connected to the receiver they use, or something else).

Both use a Futaba R7008SB receiver.
Both managed to upload the Firmware to their Pixhawks - but they are not able to do the radio calibration (the Pixhawk doesn't "see" the receivers, the bars in the calibration are all grey).

They have nothing else connected to the Pixhawk, except receiver (connected to the right port / RC), buzzer, safety switch and USB cable.

The Pixhawk signals via the big LED "pre-arm check failed" (which makes sense ;)

They power the Pixhawk via USB and at the same time with a LiPo (via the Power Module).

The receiver is "found" by the remote, the LEDs are on, the setting of receiver and remote (regarding the use of the SBUS) seems to be right. They use the right port of the receiver to connect to the Pixhawk.

I am happy about any suggestions ...

Thanks a lot in advance

Felix

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Maybe, I do something wrong but not working.

But on R7008 port 8/sb working in MODE B, S.BUS port working in logic sniffer. Send S.BUS frame every 6.3ms.

I think I will sell my Pixhawk because I cant use with my Futaba and buy a DJI Naza.

Thanks for help but I give up this fight.

• You do not need to fight and give up.

3DR clearly show in the specification that Pixhawk has "Futaba S.BUS® compatible input and output".

http://store.3drobotics.com/products/3dr-pixhawk

However, the compatibility issue is clearly exists for Pixhawk(PX4) to communicate Futaba.

At least they should clear the compatibility list.

• I wrote to technical support.

Answer: I cant switch to mode B thats why not working because officially supported.

That means Pixhawk do not support expensive Futaba 14SG and Futaba 18MZ transmitters and R7008 receiver.

I tested my R7008SB and working with Naza S.BUS. I disconnect S.BUS from Pixhawk and connect to Naza and worked.

• I just succeed yesterday in adding 14ch mode support with R7008SB. I just don't know how to share it, I used the link of Lorenz Meier to modify the sbus.c file.

Tristan

• I've got a Pixhawk coming in the mail and I have a 14sg with R7008SB. This thread is making me sweat!! I hope you find a way to share your solution!! Oh please...

I'm gobsmacked that 3d Robotics is not seriously addressing this issue.

• Hi Peter,

have the same issue 2 brand new Pixhawks and cannot use them ...

in worthcase you can use PPM encoder :-( i will get soon taranis Radio.

could someone please compile the io firmware and attach it here ?

thanks

Thomas

• http://pixhawk.org/dev/toolchain_installation_win

Pixhawk toolchain for windows. Auto download sources and compile.

• Thanks, but I'm on a Mac. I have the GiHub software, but I can not submit my modifications, I need an permission I guess ?

• Trisatan

Please join Google group "drones-dscuss" and post your result.

BTW, I am not a member of this group;-p

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/drones-discuss

Google Groups
                    Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.
              • It's not only the io firmware but also the PX4 FMU firmware.

Can someone please help me reporting the modification to github ? 

Thanks,

Tristan

This reply was deleted.

Activity