Problems getting XBee Telemetry working

Hi guysI got an Arducopter (Ive updated to firmware 2.0.38) last week and Im having problems getting Telemetry to work properly over a pair of XBees.I can get the MAVLink heartbeat in HappyKilmore 1.3.16 over the Xbees (XBeePro2 2.4GHz running 2.5). When I connect HK via USB I get Pitch, roll, heading Etc. Ive checked my wiring repeatedly, run loopback testing (dropped three packets out of 1000) and set the XBees and Serial3 to 38400bps but to no avail.Id really appreciate some help.Many ThanksSam

HK Xbee.bmp

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Turns out the problem lies with using XBP24-BSIT-004 or XBP24-BCIT-004 XBee modules on the XtremeBee Board from Diydrones. These modules work fine now on a Sparkfun Regulated Explorer board. XBP24-AWI-001 XBee modules work fine with the Diydrones XtremeBee Board.

• Attitude, GPS and waypoint at set at 1Hz.
    Have you tried things like reducing the GPS and attitude update rates in the GCS yet?
  • I hadnt seen that in my pre-post searching. I redid the setup as per the post, but it hasnt helpped.

Ive even dropped the Baud alll the way back to 9600.

The Telemetry port works fine connected to the FTDI USB Cable, and the Xbees work well when both connected to the computer with hyperterminal), just data sent is not received when the XBEE is connected to the Telemetry port. 

Ive attached the X-CTU XBee profiles, maybe someone can take a look and spot whats not right, or upload a pair of  working profiles.

This reply was deleted.

Activity