QGroundControl Communication Issue

Hello,

I am trying to set up a hardware in the loop simulation using QGroundControl, an Aurpilot Mega, and X-Plane. It seems that X-Plane is sending the correct GPS data to QGroundControl, but that QGroundControl is not sending any information back to X-Plane (i.e. control surface inputs have no effect.)

So far, hardware in the loop simulations have been run successfully using Mission Planner with either X-Plane 9 or 10, but the same communication issue appears using QGroundControl (1.0.4/1.0.5) on both Mac OS X and Windows XP. The Ardupilot Mega's firmware is Plane HIL code flashed from Mission Planner. Input/Outputs and Net Connections have been set in X-Plane as per https://pixhawk.ethz.ch/px4/users/hil_setup. After connecting to X-Plane, QGroundControl shows that it is receiving data from X-Plane. Control surface inputs and Manual/Auto mode switches also display in QGroundControl.

Any ideas what may be causing this? Thanks! 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Mark,

Any luck with that?

I am trying to do the same thing, but don't know the steps. Please let me know if you managed to solve this problem.

Thanks.

• Mohamed, I never managed to find a solution and ended up moving on to a different project.

This reply was deleted.

Activity