I finished my build last weekend.
-TBS style frame
-Sunnysky V2216-12 800KV motors
-Hobby King 30A Blue ESC (f-30)
-GPS-6M+HMC5883L Compass module
-3s 5000 mah 20c LiPo Zippy
-3DR Power Module
-Hobby King Orange receiver and Futaba T8FG Super transmitter
The issue I am having is that immediately upon take off the quad spins out of control.
The steps I have taken so far include:
- Ensuring motors are securely fastened, prop installation and prop directions are correct
- Re-installing the firmware on my APM 2.6 (many times)
- Re-installing the firmware using X style frame type (where I was using the "Spider" style frame before)
- Resetting the APM in the CLI and re-installing the firmware
- Calibrating the ESCs together
- Ran the Test>Motors in the CLI to ensure that I have the motors hooked up properly
- Ran the Test>Compass in the CLI to ensure working compass as well as the GPS
- Adjusting the trim via my Transmitter (I can get it to spin the opposite direction but doesn't settle out)
- Using the "Save Trim" setting in the Extended Tuning menu to try to trim out the spinning (same outcome I can over correct, but not correct the issue)
Today a friend gave me a tachometer and I noticed that at 50% throttle both of my counterclockwise motors seem to spin at about 1.5-2k rpm faster than the two clockwise motors. I ran this test about 3 times with the same results.
I also ran the ESC calibration and noticed that when I am at the part of the ESC calibration where the motors power on all of them seem to run at the same RPM at about 30% and 50% throttle.
This leads me to believe that there may be an issue with my APM 2.6. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on this. I am new to builds, have about a years worth of experience flying a RTF quad, don't rule boneheaded mistakes out :)