Could you guys post some pictures of your antenna setups? I have trouble getting a GPS fix with the RFD modems on (I uses 868 european models).
Here's my setup:
- Reach DGPS base station, RFD868 on the serial port, powered through the reach
- Reach DGPS rover, Navio with RFD 868 on the USB port via FTDI, and reach on the serial 6 wire port.
I think I'm doing something wrong with antennas because:
- When I let the Reach DGPS modules communicate with wifi, everything is fine and I get a real fast fix.
- When they keep communicating via wifi, but I turn on the radio modem of the base station, I get no fix.
- When I turn off wifi and inject DGPS in Mavlink, I get nice dgps data, but still no fix.
It's as if the radio modem is destroying the satellite data.
What is a good antenna setup?
I put my gps antennas on an aluminum foil baseplate of 11x11 cm, and any radio modem antennas are below that plane.