RC not calibrated problem

Hi all,

Brand new, learning quickly, and very excited. 

I've got a pixhawk board v3.3.3, mission planner 1.3.39, taranis transmitter, and the X8R receiver running PPM out of the SBUS port. The transmitter has 5 channels set up, throttle (1), roll (2), pitch (3), yaw (4), and 3-position flight mode on channel 5. Even after completing the radio calibration under initial setup, the board still blinks double yellow and telemetry says PreArm: RC not calibrated. 

When ARMING_CHECK in full parameter tree is set to 0, board will breathe green but will not arm even after safety switch is pressed to solid red. 

Here are the channel values after radio calibration

CH1: 982 | 2006

CH2: 982 | 2006

CH3: 982 | 2006

CH4: 982 | 2006

CH5: 982 | 2006

CH6: 1494 | 1494

CH7: 1494 | 1494

CH8: 1494 | 1494

CH9: 874 | 874

CH10-16: 874 | 874

Board settings are all still "default" to my knowledge. 

What could be causing the RC not calibrated issue and could that be why it won't arm even when arming checks are turned off?

f450 frame

sunnysky 980kv motors

3s 3300mah (upgrading to 4s soon)

hobbyking 30A esc

taranis tx

8XR rx

250mw fatshark fpv system

I can do screenshots/pull up any information you might need to diagnose this issue

Any help is appreciated,

Fluffydust

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Craig, thanks for the quick response 

The SD card showed before formatting: 

SDHC -> APM -> LOGS and TERRAIN ... the logs folder was empty and the terrain file had some stuff in it...

After formatting, the SD card is blank.

How do i enable logging before arming? Will the logs appear in the LOGS file as seen before formatting? And does the board need to arm before calibrating the esc's?

EDIT: in the full parameters list under LOG_BITMASK the value is currently 176126... if i assign a value of 131070 the description is "All + DisarmedLogging" should i assign the 131070 value? The 176126 value doesn't match any of the options in the description 

• Odd indeed but you are not running cPPM through the S.Bus port. You are running S.Bus through the S.Bus port. cPPM would be coming off the Pins

I'd do the following

Format the SD Card.
    Re-Run ALL calibrations again.
    Enable ALL logging [for now] including logging before arm
    Enable ALL pre-arm checks.
    Run the all in one ESC auto calibration [not through mission planner]

Boot it up. Let it sit for a GOOD 5 minutes outside and press the safety switch and then try to arm it.

The post the logs here.

This reply was deleted.

Activity