Rebuilt tricopter, for longer flight time.

Hello,I really like my tricopter to fly with it, but my ESC or motor on the left front arm doesn't work very good. But it is okay, I already fly it about 5 months and want to have longer flight time.I fly with a 2200mah 3S I fly 8 minutes, but I still want to fly for longer, so I was thinking maybe a bigger battery or motors with a lower kv and a bigger prop.So I go for the lower kv motor. Off course it is more expensive but I want some new motors too, so that's why!I want to film with the tri, so it need to fly slow and nice.The setup for now isMotors: DT750ESC 20A SimonkKK2.0And a orange rx receiver.And a spectrum dx6iI was thinking at these motorshttp://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__48103__Turnigy_4206_530kv_Brushless_Multi_Rotor_Motor_EU_Warehouse_.htmlBut then I need to remplace my ESC too.Prop I don't know!Is the motor good?It is the frame from rcexplorer

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• do you have a link to the Crius board?

• My tricopter weights about 635g without battery and 960g with battery, that is 1.3 pounds without battery and 2.1 pounds with battery.

The flying time is above 10 minutes I think, I never measured how much it was, and now i can't fly becouse my kk board has a problem. I probulaty will buy another one.

I will post some photos of the tricopter this evening.

Edit: i will buy a CRIUS MWC MultiWii SE with 2.3 software.

Another edit: here is a video of it flying, with on board and crash, there was nothing demaged I crashed in some soft bushes. http://youtu.be/8H4VXWEecrg
    • Cool crash.. I've had an arm swing loose at 80 meters (GPS telemetry) broke 3 props and the tail boom. nothing major.

• 80m and only 3 props and a tail boom? You were lucky then! Have you a video of it I'm interested :)
        • I'm afraid no video. I was testing position hold and was curious what it looked like at different heights... only at 80 meters did I notice that the the left arm had moved back... 

• 10 mins sounds about right for that combo, I'm running lights that consume 300mA so I lose about 30secs flight time with them on...

however if you are planning on getting a crius, get the pro 2. you can flash with megapirateng and it can record flight data dataflash chip.

The SE only has an atmega 328, and will only run multiwii... it's also not straightforward to add GPS.

Alternatively, go for the multiwii pro 2 from ready to fly quads but dont do what I did and get the red multiwii pro from hobbyking it's ok, but the blue board has newer accelormeters and gyros.

Bear in mind, it may take a week before you are even flying again with a new board... and longer to have it set up nicely..

• But the pro 2 is more expensive than the SE and with 14€ at a month, it does care for me. (You couldn't know that)
        • a multiwii pro ii is $35 from ready to fly quads with $9 shipping.

However the crius should be fine for acro flying and alt hold... just make sure you find some foam for the barometer.

This reply was deleted.

Activity