I would like to introduce you to a new radio modem that we developed for very long range datalinks!
Some of the key features of the RFD900 are as follows:
- Multi point and point to point link capability.
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup.
- 2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit low pass filter.
- > 20dB Low noise amplifier.
- RX SAW filter.
- Passive front end band pass filter.
- Open source firmware / tools, field upgradeable, easy to configure.
- Small (30 x 57 x 13 mm), light weight (14.5g).
- Compatible with 3DR / Hope-RF radio modules.
- License free use in Australia, Canada, USA, NZ.
These modems are designed to support long range applications, while being easy to use and affordable.
These modems have been flying in various platforms and have demonstrated excellent performance in real applications.
RFD900 modems are now available at: http://store.rfdesign.com.au
Support within APM planner and the radio configurator from Michael Oborne is already available.
It works seamlessly with APM planner, all radio Mavlink parameters are available.
Update, December 2014: The RFD900+ with improved specifications is available now at: