Replies

• Hi Menno,

I had the same error about the number of cores.  My laptop does not have 4 processors in it.  I set that value to 1 and it worked fine for me.  I can't help with the Hard Disk question.

1)  This was also confusing to me at first. If you didn't change the default folder names when installing, you are probably looking for a folder named GitHub.  For me the path was C:\Users\rhubarb\Documents\GitHub

2) I don't know, I haven't gotten that far yet.

• Thanks,

I'm not using GitHub. I copied the ArduCopter 3.1.2 code to another folder. My structure is like this:
        C:\Users\Menno\Documents\ArduPilot-3.1.2\ardupilot-ArduVTOL-3.1.2\ArduVTOL_latest\ArduVTOL_latest.pde

I've set the "Host Path" as C:\Users\Menno\Documents\ArduPilot-3.1.2\ardupilot-ArduVTOL-3.1.2\ is this correct? Because now the path is the parent of folders ArduVTOL (former ArduCopter), libraries, Tools, etc.

Menno

• Hi all, I'm running Windows 7 and have been following the instructions to install SITL on Windows.  I'm very new to working with Linux and virtual machines, so bear with my inexperience.  I had lots of trouble with step 3 (sharing files between the host and VM) but I think it's working correctly now.  

I'm stuck at Step 7 - Starting the simulator.  When I enter any of the 3 commands "./Tools/autotest/...", it says  "No such file or directory".  All the file folders seem to be in place, and it doesn't specify what file is missing.  I've attached a screenshot.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Error.jpg

• Developer

Chrstine,

It's saying that it can't find the autotest.py script for some reason.  Maybe go into the ArduCopter directory (i.e. GitHub/ardupilot/ArduCopter) and try running the command but put an extra dot at the beginning.  i.e. ../Tools/autotest/..

• Thanks Randy for the suggestion,

I tried the command from a bunch of different directories and get the same message each time "No such file or directory".  I also tried running the command and replacing with arducopter.py (just to see what happens) and I get programming error messages.  So it seems like file sharing is working, but the autotest.py file is not?

Untitled.jpg

• Developer

maybe it's a file format issue difference between windows and unix.  Could you go into the autotest directory and try running:

dos2unix autotest.py

or maybe this command to convert all dos formats to unix formats.

dos2unix *.py

• Ooh, that fixed it.  Lots of things are happening now.  I see a map and a road.  Now to figure out how to work this thing....  Thanks!!!  :)

• Hi Randy,

Arduplane SITL on vmware fails. 

I typed ./Tools/autotest/autotest.py build.ArduPlane fly.ArduPlane --viewerip=192.168.xxx.x

Builds ok but gives test failed for fly.ArduPlane and does not start Arduplane in SITL.

The same works totally fine with ArduCopter. Any ideas?

I am tryin to connect to the SITL Arduplane running in VMware player on Ubuntu, to Xplane running in windows with Mission Planner. Any ideas on how it could do this?

• Developer

Tridge and I reviewed the two wiki pages that we have (sitl on windows, sitl on linux) and added some details to both.  It seems that to run ArduPlane you also need to install, "autogen" and "make" the JSB simulator.

Can you give the modified instructions a try and see if you can get it working?

• Hello Randy,

I am having the exact same problem that Parth described when trying to run SITL for ArduPlane. Everyting builds ok but at the end I get FAILED: ['fly.ArduPlane']. I did the same for ArduCopter and it works perfectly. My set up is the following:

Ubuntu (On VirtualBox)

Mission Planner (Windows 7)

I ran on a terminal the following as described on the wiki but it didn't solve my problem:

cd jsbsim 
        ./autogen.sh
        make

Can you please help me?

Regards,
        Jorge

This reply was deleted.

Activity