Hi all!  Thanks for all of the help you have already lent me in getting started with my 3DR Y6. 

The Pixhawk is looking for mode selection information to come to it via Channel 5, where it is finding my gear switch.  How do I get Pixhawk and the DX7 to cooperate to use the 3-position Flaps switch for mode control instead?  I'm using a Spektrum Satellite receiver, so I can't just swap some connectors. 

I'm using MissionPlanner.  I tried qgroundcontrol, because I noticed it has channel numbers in the advanced radio calibration screen. However, I was not able to modify those, and they all just remained set to "1".  I also didn't have any options in the "select controller" dropdown box. 

Thanks for the help!

Brian

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Like i said. I have added RCMAP to all channels up to 8. you can do whatever you like including what you are asking. i have to refer to the wiki on the other stuff. they all work the same way as the ones for THR Roll pitch and yaw. If you want the hex file send me a pm with your email and your frame type (hex tri quad whatever). i can not offer any support on the new features so you are on your own on this one from now.

BE WARE!! There is a lot of new parameters in this firmware. You need to read everything about them before you take off or you will crash!!

Even if you set everything up right you might crash due to bugs (which is why it is not released yet)

I regard this issue Closed as the original question is answered.

-Svein

• Thanks.  I'll send you my e-mail.  

• This was just one more issue I had with the Pixhawk (no sonar support, no flow sensor support, glitchy initiation, rough loiter) so I was forced to switch back to DJI + Arduino :(
    I'll keep my eye on how the Pixhawk evolves and hope to retry it again in 6 months or so.
  • I found a routine for getting all six modes on the flap switch using the rudder D/R switch.  It works great.  The problem is Pixhawk will only look for modes on channel 5, so I had to mix the flap switch 100% onto channel 5.  The problem is, I can't find a way to make the gear switch control channel 6.  If I program a mix to do that, the gear switch messes up the mode settings (because the gear is mixing with the flaps, which are mixed to the gear, which are mixed to the flaps, etc.).

So, is there a way I can get gear mixed to 6 and flaps on channel 5 without this sort of recursive stuff happening?

If I were using a normal receiver instead of Pixhawk, I would just swap which servos were plugged in where, but I can't do that as I don't physically have a separate receiver.  

• I've got the same problem.

I'm planning to use two of the servo outputs to feed into my EagleTreeSystems OSD so I really need to relocate flight mode.

Is there a way to switch the flight mode channel to 6 in the software or is it hardcoded to channel 5?

//Arvid

• Why not simply rewire the channel connectors from your rx to the osd ? YOu dont have to wire channel X on the rx to channel x on the osd, you are free to swap them about.

• we are not talking about the osd. And we re using cppm so all channels are on one wire

• I may be wrong, but I don't think it's that simple when using the Spektrum satellite Rx b/c it's one connection to the Pixhawk DSM port.

In general, I'm having a h3ll of a time getting my Tx talking to this thing how I'd want and understand it in comparison to my Naza copter.

• it's not simple since it looks to be impossible without adding a mapping to The flightmode Channel in The ardupilot code. Mapping works the same way regardless of radio connection and type

• Sameproblem here since i'm using a FR sky module in my old DX7 with CPPM out.

You can map ch 1,2,3,4 in Mission planner using RCMAP_ parameters but it stops there.

Did you ever figure this out or are you just using a 2pos switch for flight mode?

-Svein

This reply was deleted.

Activity