Share your drone info thread

Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread to share your drone/copter information. I believe, this would help immensely for newbies like me during the initial build. For example, the Chris's blog on cheap Hobby King quad configuration is really a good resource.  

I don't want to burden anyone who is willing to share their info. Hence all fields are optional. Atleast the first 5 fields are ideal. Please find the list of fields to copy/paste at the end, so you can start filling :-). 

Here goes information about my quad.

frame: Quadcopter (3DRobotics)
controller/autopilot: APM1
esc: 20A (3DRobotics)
motors: 850Kv (3DRobotics)
propellers: 10x47, APC (3DRobotics)
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:  4S 3300mAh (Turnigy nano-tech)
total weight: -- lbs
flying time: 15 minutes (average)

radio: Turnigy 9X 
video/osd: none
other: Sonar, Xbee, GPS/Mag, Attopilot current sensor

Misc: 

Turnigy 9X: Mode1 -> Mode2 change, Li-ion battery hack
photos:

3690911422?profile=original 

3690911286?profile=original

3690911495?profile=original

-------------

frame:
controller/autopilot:
esc:
motors:
propellers:
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:
total weight: -- lbs
flying time:

radio:
video/osd:
other:

Misc (hacks/mods):

photos:

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is mine, far from complete but I will slowly get there.

frame: Medium weight SIXcopter frame (Jakub Quadframe) with 16mm CF tubes 

controller/autopilot: ArduPilot Mega APM 2.5+ Autopilot  - Ordered, waiting for delivery

esc: Possibly Turnigy 30A
    motors: Possibly Emax GT 2215/12 
    propellers: Not decided yet - 10x45 or 11x3 to start with and later CF props

motor to motor distance: - 680mm

battery: Possibly 3S 5000mAh
    total weight: ?? 
    flying time: ??

radio: Futaba 7CP with FRSKY conversion and receiver
    video/osd: ??
    other: GoPro Camera Gimbal and 155mm landing gear

Misc (hacks/mods):

photos: Frame built

Thanks

Chris

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2031.JPG

IMG_2033.JPG

• Hello together,
    I bought a GAUI330xs 2 years ago and was quite happy with it.
    Then, in October this year, I read an article about using an APM2.0 in a model airplane in the German magazine FMT.
    This was so interesting, that I just ordered the APM 2.5 with an uBlox GPS and the EZL0 Sonar Sensor. This arrived in October and two days later, my old Gaui330 was airbone again with the APM.

Now I come to the point, what I really wanted to tell:
    I want to thank all the members of the develompement team, the authors of the Wiki documentation and the very helpfull entries in the DIY Drones Forum.
    Nearly all problems, which I had during setup, tuning parameters etc. I could solve with this extensive package of informations.
    Today, the GAUI made at least 20 waypoint flights with a video cam and I have already that much trust in it, that we made flights without having real eye contact.
    There was only one little crash during sitching to the Sonar Sensor. Without the Power filter and electrical noise shielding the data of the Sensor was a bit instable. Except above little trees and scrubs, it works fine today. Even automated landings are lookunig nearly professional.

So again many thanks to all of you and I'm looking foreward to upgrade the Robot, may be to an Octocopter with FPV and Telemetry.
    The APM is in my opinion a far better product than some Japanese or Taiwan Systems wich are in price regions of mor the 1.000 USd in Europe.

With best regards, Roland.
  • the ace

APM 2.5

4x910kv 330WATT motors

30A Esc

12x4 props 

frysky 2.4 w telemetry 3690966117?profile=original

• My Updated setup for Arducopter and Base station

3692510949?profile=original3692510884?profile=original

• Frame: DJI 450, quadrocopter
    Controller/Autopilot: APM2
    Motors: Robbe Roxxy 2827-26 (930KV)
    ESCs: Skywalker 20A (currently running at 400Hz)
    Propellers: APC SF 10x4.7
    Battery:  S3 3300mAh 25C
    Hover Time: 15:22 Min in gusty wind, ca. 2650mAh recharged
    Radio: Flysky 9x with er9x and Frsky DHT-U // RX: D4FR sumsignal
    Video/OSD: minimosd // Video camera & video TX still missing

Weight: 1002gr (missed 1Kg :) )

I reduced PWM frequency from 490Hz to 400Hz because i had sometimes arming issues (i had to press reset on apm to start all motors). I feared a reduced flight performance but there is none!! It flies very stable and handles descents better than my other naza setup. I am very happy with this setup and can't wait to put the rest of my FPV equipment on.

Rate_P 0.15 (or 0.2) ; Stab_P 5,5; Thr_P 0.350, Alt_P0.35 Alt_I 0.1; Rate_loiter P 2.5 ; other values on stock

Loiter/pos values can be tuned, but they are sufficient for me. What i really wanted was RTL - and this works!

The frame is way too heavy, but i got it very cheap, it's stable and looks nice...... even DIY aluframe can be done lighter.

In my opinion the motors are a very good choice for 3S and 10 inch.

So long.

Rob

• I'm relatively new to quadrotors, but here's mine:

Frame: Turnigy Talon V2 carbon/aluminum frame (I wrecked my original jdrones frame one too many times. :P) The frame is from HobbyKing

Controller/autopilot: APM1 2560 (3DRobotics)

Motors: AC2836-358 880kv (jdrones)

ESCs: jdrones 30A (power distribution board is from jdrones as well)

Propellers: Currently running Turnigy 11x4.7 SFPs (HobbyKing)

Motor span: 22" (I also have the extended booms to bring it to 26" span if needed)

Battery: E-flite 2200mah 3S

Total weight: No idea -- probably 1/2 a pound more than a fully-built jdrones quad rig. The heavier weight does make it a bit more stable in windier conditions

Flying time: ~10 minutes, depending on weather

Radio: TX: Hitec Eclipse Pro 7, RX: Optima 7

Video/OSD: None yet, but I do have the 3DRobotics stabilization mount built & tested for a lightweight camera

Other: MediaTek MT3329 GPS, MB1200 XL sonar, Attopilot current sensor (not installed yet)

No hacks yet, I'm just trying to get used to flying it and figuring out the Hitec radio. Eventually, I'll have to fit longer legs to get the stabilized camera mount under the rig. Long-term plans will probably include FPVing it as well.

3692486767?profile=original

• Here goes information about my octo.

Frame: Carbon Fiber Custom frame

Controller/autopilot: APM1

Esc: Redbrick 70A with simon FW (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=...)

Motors: Turnigy L5055 400Kv (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=...)

(Maybe a wrong selection, I don't know yet)

Propellers: 13x45 Slowfly Mikrocopter

Motor to motor distance: 100 CM

battery:  Turnigy 6S 5000mAh

total weight: -- Kg

flying time: Don't fly yet

Radio: Futaba FF9

Video/osd: Custom Camera Gimbal

Other: Sonar, 3DR Radio, GPS/Mag, Attopilot current sensor

IMG_20120801_143436.jpg

IMG_20120801_143408.jpgAny suggestions or opinions?

Thanks.

• frame:  Personal monstrous design.  3/4 Aluminum tubing
    controller/autopilot:  APM2
    esc:  Turnigy Plush 60A
    motors:  E-Flite Power 32 770kV
    propellers:  APC 13x4 Electric
    motor to motor distance: 36 inches

battery:  Turnigy 20-30C 4S 5000 mAh
    total weight: ~8 lbs
    flying time:  Wouldn't know.  Can't fly it for more than 30 secs before crashing

radio:  E-Flite LP5DSM

other:  Lots of Zip-Ties that seem to come off at the wrong times

Misc (hacks/mods):  Carefully crafted StarBucks Directional Indicator

photos:

3690945447?profile=original

I think I may have built this thing waaaay too big and heavy.  Can't seem to tune the PID to keep it steady.  Constantly have to fight it to keep it somewhat leveled, otherwise it draws blood.  Anyone have any ideas?

• Can you give the weight sizing as well?  Thank.

• I haven't posted here often, but I thought it would be fun to share info on my quad.  First, the obligatory:

frame: My own quad frame + electronics enclosure.

controller/autopilot: APM1

motors: 880kv

esc: 18A (Turnigy Basic)

propellers: 10x4.7

battery:  3S 4000mAh

flying time: ~9Min

weight: 4.1 lbs

radio: Hitec Aurora

video/osd: GoPro, minimosd, 5.8Ghz Fatshark transmitter, Fatshark dominator goggles (All removed in the most recent pictures for basic testing)

other: Sonar, Xbee, GPS/Mag  (All removed in the most recent pictures for basic testing)

Front picture (that is a custom go-pro mount hanging from the front)

squad1.jpg

Rear:  Notice the sonar.

squad2.jpg

Enclosure:

squad3.jpg

The arms and core structure (which fastens the arms) were milled out of 6061 alum.  After destroying several other frames, I wanted something sturdy that I could learn on.  This most recent one has survived 20+ *very* hard landings without issue.  

The electronics enclosure is the fourth enclosure, but only the third printed variation.  It holds the receiver, apm1, and gps.  The top is laser cut (so that I can see LEDs easily).  The holes that you see are there for fastening the xbee and video transmitter to the top.  I need a good enclosure for those, but haven't undertaken that yet.

The battery + sonar mount is PLA printed on my reprap.  After having an incident where the batter slipped out of the velcro straps in flight, this one has a 6mm lip that holds the battery from shifting while the velcro holds it snug.  There is a box that holds and protects the sonar itself from damage which is attached to the sonar mount.

The gopro mount is printed PLA as well.  It holds the go-pro very well and you can see in the videos how vibration free/smooth the it is.

All of the parts were designed in cad programs and milled/printed/lasercut on CNC machines.  I'm very pleased with the result.  If anyone would like to see some pictures of the previous frames, enclosures, or process I'd be happy to share in a reply.  See the video links below (and excuse the beginner flying).

Most recent manual flight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuEyrV_vmXA

2.6 loiter mode test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2mPJFdtJoQ

Old flights ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfpZ7KhP0bA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYXIfc3pb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNPMosfk9Ws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZNYr9neA4Q

This reply was deleted.

Activity