Share your drone info thread

Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread to share your drone/copter information. I believe, this would help immensely for newbies like me during the initial build. For example, the Chris's blog on cheap Hobby King quad configuration is really a good resource.  

I don't want to burden anyone who is willing to share their info. Hence all fields are optional. Atleast the first 5 fields are ideal. Please find the list of fields to copy/paste at the end, so you can start filling :-). 

Here goes information about my quad.

frame: Quadcopter (3DRobotics)
controller/autopilot: APM1
esc: 20A (3DRobotics)
motors: 850Kv (3DRobotics)
propellers: 10x47, APC (3DRobotics)
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:  4S 3300mAh (Turnigy nano-tech)
total weight: -- lbs
flying time: 15 minutes (average)

radio: Turnigy 9X 
video/osd: none
other: Sonar, Xbee, GPS/Mag, Attopilot current sensor

Misc: 

Turnigy 9X: Mode1 -> Mode2 change, Li-ion battery hack
photos:

3690911422?profile=original 

3690911286?profile=original

3690911495?profile=original

-------------

frame:
controller/autopilot:
esc:
motors:
propellers:
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:
total weight: -- lbs
flying time:

radio:
video/osd:
other:

Misc (hacks/mods):

photos:

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• frame:  DIY wood, tricopter
    controller/autopilot:  Pixhawk
    esc:  Afro slim
    motors:  DT750
    propellers:  APC 12x4.5 MR
    motor to motor distance: 21.5 inches

battery:  Zippy 3s 5000mah
    total weight: 3.5 lbs (with battery - ready to fly)
    flying time: 15min

Max Speed:  40mph

radio:  Taranis
    video/osd:  Minimosd
    other:  Mobius, Alexmos 3 axis gimbal, 3 way video switch, 3DR radio

Misc (hacks/mods):

This is my redesigned tricopter for improved video.   With my first tricopter frame I could never achieve perfect video with my DIY  2 axis gimbal due to the tricopter tail wag issue.   I decided to build a tricopter frame around a 3 axis gimbal for the Mobius to solve tail wag.  I also wanted to minimize ground clearance required.

The photos show my progress.  Nothing fancy just wood, hobby plywood, and lots of ty wraps.  Tail servo assembly is made up of 450 heli head parts.  Wood frames work well - easy to modify and strong enough.

I've very pleased with the results I have now.  Video is smooth and no more tail wag in the image.  Damping is good enough to achieve jello free high speed video as well which was an improvement over my old frame.   I did carefully balance the props, motor bells, and motor/prop combined to ensure no jello.

The DIY 3 axis gimbal for the Mobius does add weight - that's the only minus.  I recently added the Afro slim ESCs to reduce weight by 1/4 lbs.  My previous ESCs were Hobby king blue series 30A which worked fine just heavier.

Main feature of my frame is the 3 axis gimbal.  It's simple and works well for the Mobius.  It's amazing what can be done now with these copters.  The Pixhawk so far is working great.

3701756694?profile=original3701756922?profile=original3701757007?profile=original

• <-- Link Removed by a Moderator, not relevant to the topic --> 

droneresearch.org
  • The ugliest.

3DR APM 2.6 Quad Copter.

Became like that last weekend when I crash it in to an iron pole. All props, and stacked mounting and legs were all over the place, including one motor.

I fix it Saturday and Sunday I was again out in another park. My GPS sticks with velcro, and by mistake I stick it facing sideways. I flew it a bit, then I switch on return to home. It went out of control, spinning wider and wider, getting altitude. Until I realised It was hanging into a 70 feet tree. I could not climb , was too tall, and no branches. I went home and I got a thread and the cheap 100$ UDI U818. I flew it on top with the thread hanging. I land it on top, and I was lucky it grabbed a propeller.

Pull it down and the thread snapped, having both in the top of the tree. I went to HDepot, and I bought 18 2x1 12feet  SPF and a roll of duck-tape. I built a stick tapeing the sticks one on top each-other. Long story short. I got it down. Everything broke.

Now I am waiting for the new propellers.

3701710906?profile=original3701710919?profile=original

Definitely the ugliest quad.

• 3701710294?profile=original

3701710501?profile=original

Do you like it? :)

• frame: Steadidrone qu4dcopter with extended and repositioned rear arms

controller/autopilot: APM 2,5 (soon to be 2.6 I hope)

motors: T-motor MT3506-25s (650kV)

esc: Quattro 20 A X4 (four-in-one ESC)

propellers: 10x4.5 cheapo plastic ones from China (because I'm new and keep breaking them)

battery:  4S, either 4200 mAh as supplied by Steadidrone or 5000mAh Overlanders

Flight time - about 15 mins

radio: FrSky Taranis

video/osd: GoPro/none

other: Telemetry for connecting to Android Phone

Misc: Hard to fly - mods were designed to improve stability - somewhat successful but behaviour in yaw is...erm...unpredictable.

3701681915?profile=original

• frame: HUNTER VTAIL 500MM BY DIALFONZO

controller/autopilot: APM 2.6 3dr custom edit of firmware dev 3.2  for V-Tail

motors: SunnySky X2212 980KV Outrunner Brushless Motors

esc: JMT 30A Brushless ESC Speed Controller

propellers: APC 10 x 4.5

battery: Lipo 3s 5500 mhA 35c , 3s 1200mah led/camera/video transmitter battery , LiFe 9.9v 1500mAH 3s Transmitter Battery

radio: DX7 7Ch Air w/AR7000, TTL 3DRobotics 3DR Radio Telemetry Kit (915mhz MHz), SC2000 32CH 5.8GHz FPV Transmitter and Receiver 600mW

video/osd: MinimOSD , 36 LED Night Vision 6MM 800TVL+IRCUT CMOS CCTV Camera SV-611B-K800

other: Turnigy RC Receiver Controlled Switch on/off 10A / 30V for led's , DJI Quadcopter Head Light Bright White 3W , 100A Power Distribution Hub LED

Misc (hacks/mods):Brushless Camera Mount Gimbal w/ 2 Motors modifred to fit frame, lights running of channel 7 on/off

3691109315?profile=original

3702481463?profile=original

3691109340?profile=original

• can it fly 15 minutes?

• waiting for nice day to tune it up will post flight time soon as it flying well

• hey man, how is it flying i just got the same frame but cut out of super light aluminum looking to slap the apm on it, in my version of mission planner v-tail is now an option, is it your doing?

• frame: Tricopter (Flitetest AnyCopter)
    controller/autopilot: APM 2.5.2
    esc: MultiStar 30A opto
    motors: DT750
    propellers: 11x4.7, SlowFly
    motor to motor distance: 54cm / 21,26 inches
    battery:  2x 3S 2200mAh (Turnigy nano-tech 45-90C)
    total weight: 1642g / 3.62 lbs
    flying time: 16+ minutes (about freezing temperature)
    radio: Turnigy 9X V2, Er9x
    video/osd: MinimOSD
    other:

• All 3 motors are servo articulated, mounted with Flitetest anycopter motormount.
    • Extra plates added to frame for more mounting space,
    • Servos, HobbyFly 9g, ballbearing, metalgear digital,
    • Maxbotix LV-EZ0 Sonar,
    • 3DR 433Mhz radio, 
    • uBlox LEA6 GPS, 
    • Turnigy 5A SBEC, 
    • 3x 25V 2200uF capasitors, 
    • #808V2 (D-lens) keyring camera, 
    • Mobius camera, 
    • Gopro Hero 3, 
    • Hobbyking 3-way video switch

This reply was deleted.