Share your drone info thread

Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread to share your drone/copter information. I believe, this would help immensely for newbies like me during the initial build. For example, the Chris's blog on cheap Hobby King quad configuration is really a good resource.  

I don't want to burden anyone who is willing to share their info. Hence all fields are optional. Atleast the first 5 fields are ideal. Please find the list of fields to copy/paste at the end, so you can start filling :-). 

Here goes information about my quad.

frame: Quadcopter (3DRobotics)
controller/autopilot: APM1
esc: 20A (3DRobotics)
motors: 850Kv (3DRobotics)
propellers: 10x47, APC (3DRobotics)
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:  4S 3300mAh (Turnigy nano-tech)
total weight: -- lbs
flying time: 15 minutes (average)

radio: Turnigy 9X 
video/osd: none
other: Sonar, Xbee, GPS/Mag, Attopilot current sensor

Misc: 

Turnigy 9X: Mode1 -> Mode2 change, Li-ion battery hack
photos:

3690911422?profile=original 

3690911286?profile=original

3690911495?profile=original

-------------

frame:
controller/autopilot:
esc:
motors:
propellers:
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:
total weight: -- lbs
flying time:

radio:
video/osd:
other:

Misc (hacks/mods):

photos:

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

Could you share some photos as well, please?

• 3701837949?profile=originalHey

Thanks to everyone for posting. I REALLY LOVED looking through all the pictures, and I would now like to add my own!.

Enjoy

2200mAh 3S, 30A ESC, Park480 Eflite with 11 inch props. Can lift 3LB with those motors. The arm design is for best airflow. APM 2.6. more info on the instructibles page!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Aluminum-sport-X-copter-frame-desig...

Thanks again and keep it up

• A beer delivery drone!!!!!! The best application of this technology yet!!!!  Well done sir... well done. LOL

• it doesn't get any simpler than this

AUW 250g still the same light weight bird open frame construction.

last tested 2 flights 4min then 6min , total 10mins flight on a 3s 500mah and  with the camera onboard. , not bad when it has similar capacity of a small multirotor on the same payload. to my guess

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/px34-a-refit-update?xg_source=a...

• 3701824332?profile=original3701824295?profile=originalFrame- Aquacopter

Controller- Pixhawk

ESC's- 35 amp castle creations

Motors -Tigers

Propellers 10x4-6

weight - heavy ha

Flight time  11 min max 9 is safe

It was a nightmare to do those LED's AND make them waterproof but well worth the effort as I can fly at night and twice I crashed and found it because of those lights! I will also say this is a darn good frame even if your goal isn't waterproof. The thing is almost indestructible!! I strap a Mobius to a clever little rod between the arms and get great footage above and below water. It has a RFD 900 telem radio and the pixhawk controller which is a very very nice controller. Really neat to fly missions. 

• What did you use to seal the wires and the camera case?  How is the GPS sealed?  Same with the antennas and GPS?

I just got a WQ-550 frame from liftoffuav that is really similar.

• 3M 5200 sealant for the motor wires. Nothing else works well it eventually wears off. Not the 3M sealant. I used a Mobius with a waterproof case. GPS was sealed in the case. Only problem I had was the camera lens getting fogged up when it was underwater in cold water. The Mobius gets hot that was part of that problem. Good luck!

• Personally I'm up to ambitious projects of my own trying to get the attention of the aerospace industry for the purpose of employment. Presently I'm trying to construct the world's fastest RC plane, and I actually will employ many of the lessons I've learned from my classes and watching aircraft design documentaries.

Personally, I'm amazed how much RC technology has advanced over the years. There are several things I can actually order rather than having them built from scratch myself.

I'll add more details later, or should I create my own topic for this?

• 3701812230?profile=original3701812110?profile=original3701812303?profile=original3701812292?profile=originalframe: Selfmade design
    controller/autopilot: APM 2.6
    esc: HK brushless ESC 70A
    motor: Simprop Magic Torque; Static thrust: 30N at 900Watts electrical input
    propellers: 14*7inches
     Wingspan 2.4m

battery: 4S 5000mAH
    total weight: 12.1 lbs
    flying time: approx. 30min

radio:  Futaba FF7
    video/osd: GoPro 2, Fatshark Dominator
    other: Roll stabilized photocamera pointing downwards for Mapping inside the fuselage

Onboard vid (gusty day):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh-DcpTmW3Q

• Wow... nice. Making a round fuselage isn't easy.  What's the wing made out of?

This reply was deleted.

Activity