Share your drone info thread

Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread to share your drone/copter information. I believe, this would help immensely for newbies like me during the initial build. For example, the Chris's blog on cheap Hobby King quad configuration is really a good resource.  

I don't want to burden anyone who is willing to share their info. Hence all fields are optional. Atleast the first 5 fields are ideal. Please find the list of fields to copy/paste at the end, so you can start filling :-). 

Here goes information about my quad.

frame: Quadcopter (3DRobotics)
controller/autopilot: APM1
esc: 20A (3DRobotics)
motors: 850Kv (3DRobotics)
propellers: 10x47, APC (3DRobotics)
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:  4S 3300mAh (Turnigy nano-tech)
total weight: -- lbs
flying time: 15 minutes (average)

radio: Turnigy 9X 
video/osd: none
other: Sonar, Xbee, GPS/Mag, Attopilot current sensor

Misc: 

Turnigy 9X: Mode1 -> Mode2 change, Li-ion battery hack
photos:

3690911422?profile=original 

3690911286?profile=original

3690911495?profile=original

-------------

frame:
controller/autopilot:
esc:
motors:
propellers:
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:
total weight: -- lbs
flying time:

radio:
video/osd:
other:

Misc (hacks/mods):

photos:

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3702585170?profile=originalKids, Math Matters... So I got my parts in and got her assembled. Jumps off of the ground at about 40% throttle, and very gently flew for a little over 30 minutes before I got worried the low battery alarm wasn't working. Tested it and the 5200mAh S3 battery still read 10.8 v (Wow 15min would have done). Considered going back to flying but the stress of a fresh $1000 CND ( about $650 US right now) floating around was getting to me. I spent a weak of working out pitch/size/thrust/efficiency/weight putting this together. Sent the Teleporter back before I even opened it, QVGA is too low (Have OSD), Predator V2 are coming in the mail. Took Scott Messe's advice and order some smaller batteries as this thing is a mini tank, Excited to go exploring in FPV shortly.

• So realizing that this hobby was going to be taxing my paychecks anyways, I purchased a 3D printer to save in the long run. 2 More drones using the same hardware as above, but with a battery tray designed to use either a 2200mAh Li-Po or a 5200mAh Li-Po, depending on if I want long flight or fast flight.

3702720441?profile=original

• Hi Matthew,

Personal interest, which 3d printer did you buy and what is your experience in using it?

What products have you printed sofar?

I am interested in buy a 3D printer myself,

so when I see comments e 3D printers, I try to find

out more info from the 'man in the street'.

Thanks for sharing!

Regards

gG

• I'm Using a Print-Rite, $300 USD from hobbyking.com 210x210 non headed print bed. I do my modelling in Blender, (1 BU (Blender Unit) = 1mm). I slice using an upgraded version of the supplied Repieter-Host software. It's been fantastic once you figure out settings. Best print results are at 4mm for the first layer, then 2mm for the rest, but supports 1-4mm layers. Parts are strong.

3702851146?profile=original3702851291?profile=original3702851364?profile=original3702851421?profile=original

• 3702799215?profile=original3702799070?profile=original3702799185?profile=original

• R.I.P. Mini Drone. At about 600 meters she started to oscillate then went into an uncontrollable free fall. I think one of the carbon fiber props either came apart or became unbalanced. Damage: Video transmitter, FPV camera lens, 3 props, screen on Emerson action cam, both wings, and battery. Worst part, Camera lost its recording... :-(  Next build, Hex or Octo-X with motor failsafe.

3702713548?profile=original

• The crash was caused due to the fact I didn't factory reset my Naze32 before using it. Everyone using the great Naze32, factory reset it before first use. Some of them have an odd bug fixed by resetting them when shipped.

• That battery will most likely be too heavy. I get about 15min flight time on my 450 quad, but it is super sluggish just due to the weight, but only use it when the camera is on it. May also not fit the frame as the specs state a much smaller battery. Typical battery I run on my 450 is a 3s 2200mah and I still get 12 minutes or more out of it.
      • Yah, that's kind of my biggest fear. The battery will be strapped to the bottom instead of the landing gear, so size really isn't as big an issue as weight. All up weight should be 730g, and my calculated max thrust should be close 1600g (Hoping), but I think I will grab a smaller battery for fast flight. Do you recommend any particular brands?

This reply was deleted.

Activity