Sharp yaw corrections create instability in 2.71

Is anyone else having this issue? If I give a full left or right on the rudder, after i let go the copter wobbles quite badly on a diagonal axis (i'm assuming its the opposite pair). Did i miss something? This wasn't an issue before with previous firmware, but at the same time it was not quite as responsive. I tried toning down the travel but I found I couldn't arm the board anymore. I suppose the arms could be bent, (i'm using a jakub lunar explorer frame with aluminum arms so it's hard to tell, but if they're off, its not bad at all.

Ideas?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm flying an APM2 on a Delrin Tricopter and getting odd yaw behavior in 2.7.1 - it seems like it turns counter-clockwise very easily with only a little bit of stick, and has a bit of momentum that keeps it turning.  Clockwise is the opposite, I've got to push the stick quite a bit to get it to turn at all and when I return it to center it kind of bounces back a bit.  I assumed this was a tuning issue that I needed to work on - maybe it's not?

• This might be a issuse regarding the compass if you are in simple mode.

The compass can be interfered with during flight. If it changes from takeoff then there is a

condition that wires produce EMF to the compass. 

This is caused by throttle to the motors increasing their amp draw wires near a adjacent magnetometer ;-)

• At the very least, any idea when next firmware release is hoped for? I would really like to flash the fix on there but im not sure where to start, if someone would kindly give me an idea...

• I suspect a tweaked frame myself, but if it's off it's not off by much. Regardless, knowing that there is a fix, i googled as much as I could and couldn't find the links to the current revision. Any chance i can bug one of you for the link?

• Jason has been working on this.

I personally believe that it might have a lot to do with uneven thrust vectors (tweaked frame, twisted motors), as you are only the second person I have heard mention this.

• Developer

Yes, this has been identified. The current trunk has a fix in place. If you want to grab that one you can or wait until the next point release.

Jason

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…