SITL Windows/MAVProxy Port 5760 ALREADY IN USE

I am a newbee and not a linux user.  I followed the "Setting up SITL on Windows" using MAVProxy, completing builds for arducopter, arduplane and jsbsim.  When I execute: "sim_vehicle.sh -j4 --map" to run arducopter, the CYGWIN window reports:

"Window access not found, logging to /tmp/ardupilot.log"

The tmp/ardupilot.txt log file contains (there is no *.log):

running /home/xxxx/ardupilot/arducopter/arducopter.elf -S -I0 --home -35.363261,149.165230,584,353 --model --speedup=1
Starting sketch 'ArduCopter'
Starting SITL input
bind port 5760 for 0
bind failed on port 5760 - Address already in use
cmd exited

There is no interaction between MAVProxy and the Console or Map windows, even after executing the following commands in MAVProxy:

param load ..\Tools\autotest\copter_params.parm
mode guided
arm throttle
takeoff 40

Could someone provide guidance on getting the simulator working?

Thanks,

Rich

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Jack,

I gave it a try but in my case Arduplane.elf isn't in the list of programmes that are running, henc I don't get the 'address already in use' error.

So Im still stuck at the 'window access not found' error. 

I can get the three screens to load, I can see the runway at Monaro Highway, but there is no plane icon on the screen anywhere, it's like the arduplane programme is running but there is no flight data being transferred to the map screen.

• Hi Martin, have you solved problem of "window access not found" ? I have the same problem.

• I´m having this problem and I notice that the "window access not found" don´t makes diference, the simulator works well even with this warn...

I solved my problem with the Jack hint, using:

sim_vehicle.sh -v ArduCopter --console --map

But I notice something a little bit important... its case sensitive!! In my case, only works when I write ArduCopter.... with A and C upper cased....

I hope this can help someone else

• Hi Daniele,

Not sure what Martin did, but I gave up on this approach and launched SITL from within Mission Planner.

• Hi Martin,

What you described is exactly what I got when I used

sim_vehicle.sh -j4 --map

What fixed it for me is using this:

sim_vehicle.sh -v ArduCopter --console --map

That resulted in Arducopter.elf to be compiled again and after about a minute the quadcopter showed up on the map and the console showed some status data.

• Still no luck for me, tried as you showed, I substituted Arduplane for Arducopter, but still get the 'window access' error and no plane on the ground.

Thanks for your help in the meantime, maybe one of the devs might chime in.

• Hi Rich

did you get any further with this, I'm stuck with the same window access not found error too, but I'm using Arduplane.

• Hi Martin,

No I have not.  This month has been quite busy.  I was considering modifying the arduplane startup script to change the starting IP port # to try and avoid the conflict, but have not done so yet.  I am not a Linux person, so am hesitant to play thinking I will make things worse.  But that would be my next step.

Rich

This reply was deleted.

Activity